Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The train is flat when it is at the station. You just walk on.
Thanks Churros, I reacted to the question asked not knowing the type of train on this coaster and thought it was a multi carriage train and would require a curved station to get to each carriage but since have seen that it is essentially a flat double bogied vehicle which eliminates the curved station theory. Thanks for your uncomplicated clarification.

I drove past WnW today and noticed quite a lot of green pieces of slide behind white water mountain, from the looks of their sizes im thinking a body slide or possibly a 2 person tube slide.. but I didn't get a close enough look so I may be wrong. Definently green slide pieces there though.

^Cheers, thanks for the heads up. I would suggest that it won't be too long now until the new slides start going up. Just to get some ideas flowing, and before Wet'n'Wild ruins our fun by building something up there, how do people think they will go about replacing the mountain? Do you think they will rebuild a Mountain similar to the one that was there previously or some other sort of structure?

It will probably end up looking like Extreme H2o Zone, maybe they got those slide pieces from a non-existent park in Brazil? :P Not that H20 Zone looks bad or anything, I just like the tropical scenery around the other parts of the park. I hope they do bring back the mountain, yet I am stilll happy that those boring slides are gone!

I was thinking that they could probably just build two platforms, one for the Terror Canyon slides and one for the new slides. Obviously though, as someone stated earlier they have gone to extremely painful lengths to retain Terror Canyon, so whatever they build it will have to provide an oppurtunity to despatch from the two sections. As long as it looks look I will be happy. I think they may resist rebuilding a mountain of sorts because it seems that was what was giving them trouble. If they are keeping the name 'White Water Mountain' then it just may refer to the natural mountain. I think Wet'n'Wild could do well with replanting some of the trees etc up the hill once it has finished. EDIT: Piccie goodness. slidepieces.jpg

Edited by Churros

I think they may resist rebuilding a mountain of sorts because it seems that was what was giving them trouble.
If they do, then I hope they make the stairs up to the terror canyons a decent width instead of the ridiculous set up now of trying to have the queues for each slide side by side in a space 1.5m wide.

Just with the mountain thing. I don't know wether its still the same but at the last drop of terror canyon coming down into the splash area the area has got fake mountain rock around it, just like the mountain at the top, I don't know wether its still there, since its kind of terror canyon theme (rocky, foresty area) the area is different to the rest of the park with rock and alpine forest tree's, instead of tropical tree's and buildings. Because of this I have three theories: A: If Terror Canyon's fake rock is still at the bottom then maybe we could see the return of the mountain, to tie in with the ride and this time instead of having tropical trees and a forest mounatin they could expand the alpine forest area and incorprate the body slides with the theme, repair the water, put a new mountain in there, maybe better than the one before, because the name isn't changing (White Water Mountain, says it on the website) so there's obivously gonna be some sort of mountain. it would be weird having two platforms some tree's and still call White water Mountain, also is there still rock around the sign that says the flumes, terror Canyon and white water mountain. Also the slides are green this to me goes better with alpine forest than tropical theme. B: They are goning to take a expensive option and rip all of the terror canyon themeing out, rocks, tree's building's viewing area, and sign's and transfer the flumes into a new themed area, or keep the tropical theme and get rid of the alpine forest and keep it all the same, which wouldn't make the park very uniqe interesting and different as it is now. It would be with like tropical tree's with beach hut building like the rest of the park. C: they stick the same theme they had before, just new differnt coloured body slides. So yeah whatever happens, which we will probably see in the next couple of weeks I am sure will be interesting, I just want to know if the rocky stuff is still there on terror canyon. Does anyone else have differnt theories on how there gonna do it I would be very interested see other peoples thoughts. Also don't forget about matilda at the back of the park the sign around her before she left said she was getting a facelift, so maybe, just maybe we might see her around soon. I hope so things like that just add a little bit more magic to the place!

Just recieved my RACV club magazine in the mail and in a advert from WetnWild they talk about the surfrider opening in september. "The surf rider, a giant U-shaped water rollercoaster which resembles a giant surfboard, will shoot riders through a jet stream of water and 30 meters into the air - then free fall back to the groung up to six times in just 60 seconds!." Good to see some offical word from them.

Edited by smash210

^Thanks for that Gazza. Now that Dreamworld has gone all out and are promoting their new attraction, it is time for the Warner parks to start peddling their new babies. Out of the new attractions this year, I think the Surf Rider has become a bit of a darkhorse in terms of popularity this summer. Much of the hype will build up around Dreamworld's Motocoaster... but I think as the days get hotter and more people have a go at this, it will really find a place as one of the better attractions on the coast. I think it will also be interesting to see how Wet'n'Wild market the revamped Whitewater Mountain, especially if it maintains the same name. I know this probably belongs in another topic, but keep in mind Movieworld has made no announcements as to its replacement of the Matrix Exhibit, and in reality, whatever it is will probably be one of their feature attractions of this summer.

just a quick note on the flumes at wet n wild... in the ide maintainnace section of the site,it says white water flumes will reopen later this year... (thats what i read somewere any how.) so we dont have to wonder if wet'n'wild are going to go all out with a new type of slide to compete with white water world, because it appears not.

I wouldn't be so certain of that. The most obvious way of looking at it is that the cost to put in identical replacement slides from scratch will be more or less the same as the cost to put in something different, so reaping the benefits of a novel attraction will certainly be the best way to maximise the potential. The website does indeed say that Whitewater Mountain will be back in September, but that's not to say it'll be the same as what was there for the past 20-odd years.

That's got me wondering, in Churros pic you can see a bundle of splash guards about halfway between the power pole and the right edge of the picture. Splash guards are used on open slides, so maybe some of the slides could be fully or partially open. Just wondering though, did you poke your camera through a link in a fence, or were they just out in the open? You could have just walked up closer.

Well it would be good if they weren't inner tube slides, it would sort of ruin Terror Canyon. Maybe we'll see something similar to ToH, you would get some great views of the park and GC from up the top of that mountain.

Just wondering though, did you poke your camera through a link in a fence, or were they just out in the open? You could have just walked up closer.
They were justing sitting on the grass in the 'extended carpark' on the southern end, so you can drive in there and get close. The only thing is that at the moment they are doing some work on the pipes or carpark or something so access down there is a little difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

^Ok thanks. Yeah, I drove past yesterday and they have finished that work. I didn't have a camera so didn't manage to get any photos. They have unpacked most of the pieces now and have started assembling some of the enclosed sections. I will try and grab a photo in the next couple of days if I get a chance, but it might end up being next week sometime.

Here is an update. The train for the Surfrider is coming along. Anyone else think they should call it Kelly Slater's Surf Rider? :lol: Just kidding... Pics: S5000270.jpgS5000268.jpg And the new slides have started going in... S5000267.jpgS5000266.jpgS5000265.jpgS5000264.jpgEDIT: Sorry, the two middle slides are completely enclosed and look like turbo tunnels. The side two are open from what I have gathered. I didn't get time to check out the track pieces out the back.

Edited by Churros