Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not just cold, but the whole area use to stink as well. I think you will find the new "whatever" will probably quite attractive and in many cases could be more functional too.
just thought id say i work at a donut king and he promotion is doing pretty bad for victorians donut kings, but the donut surfrider donut tastes nice anyway, its a iced bar pineaple flovour with new raseberry flavour decoration, very nice. when i saw the promotion i scabbed some of the extra posters (asked my boss first) cause it has the actual carrage pic on it! very cool!

Yeah sorry, it is pretty hard to show with a still image. The jets spray you with water as you are coming back down the track. I honestly couldn't see where the water comes from, but I could see it spraying so I assume it is coming from somewhere. And again, it isn't very easy to get a good shot of it, but the water does give the train a fair soaking.

yer, i was at the park today, it is running. It opened yesterday, looks good, didnt get to ride it. Can't really ride it with a uniform on can ya... The water sprays just before you start droping down so by the time you get to the wet section its like a mist you go through. Thing i noticed was a lot of spinning on the two sitting things, as you go up you spin more then when going down.

^That is because of the way the rings of seats are weighted a bit off center. On the way up the ring freely tries to rotate itself so the weight is pointing downwards, so because it has done this on the way up it wont really turn on the way down. When it reaches the other side of the halfpipe the ring is the "wrong way around" so again the ring rotates naturally to have the weight at the bottom.

Dose anyone know whether the water jet is just a compressed air jet that is triggered underwater like maverick's and the hulk's or is it a water jet that uses a pump? I'm curious to find out what and how it works cause that's what I do lol. and has anyone got a chance to ride yet? I might be going this Friday so I will get some footage and pics, that's if I go Zane.

Wow, good pictures Paul. The coaster seems somewhat more thrilling then the MotoCoaster, that's for sure.
I agree! I can't believe this coaster has ended up looking better than the Motocoaster at Dreamworld... but it has. I thought it would be the other way around. Dreamworld underdelivered whereas WnW has come through with the goods. I'm glad they went with a proper water jet as it helps tie it in with the waterpark theme. I wasn't happy about having a dry ride in a waterpark when I heard about this originally but it makes more sense if you get drenched. The surfboard is a good look too

Brian from Ozcoaster has done an update on the ride. http://ozcoaster.net/index.php?option=com_...5&Itemid=27 In the 8th photo there appears to be a billiard table riding. The ride looks all shiny and new, though personally I would jazz up the 2 ride control booths to something a bit more catchy than plain white, to me they look like a perfect blank canvas for a surfboard artist to do something creative. And something else I just worked out a minute ago, I think they made the track go beyond vertical at the top so the ride vehicle actually ends up at true vertical when it gets up there, intelligent thinking there by Ride Trade.

Edited by Gazza

I'm a bit confused with the height! I recently heard the add for the new surfrider, but the add claims that the ride is 30meters high, yet on this site it claims that it is only 20meters tall!!! I would like to find out Surfrider's actual height as I'm a bit confused!!! Also if you haven't ridden Surfrider yet you have to! it's a really fun ride, sort of reminds me of The Claw!!! But yet its still different!!!