Wet'n'Wild: New 2007 Attraction

mattcrombie

i wouldn't be able to tell ya really, probably next week when qld students are back in school because a lot of people i serve have the annual pass. over the two weeks its been getting busier everyday but yesterday was just like leap and bounds busier then the day before, well it felt like it anyway, i mean i can't give you facts stating that but i served a lot more people.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I went on it about 2 weeks ago... it is a lot of fun; unfortunately it should be longer but anyhow, still a great ride. I don't know if they've fixed it but the left spray is sort of dodgy and it kind of hurts when you sit on the right side of the car and go face first into it. You can hear the water smack against the people - I did it for fun of course but still :) The line is pretty average. 20min-half an hour wait when the queue is full. If you're a first time rider the wait is worth it but after that don't bother. It feels really cool as well. It doesn't really feel like the Claw at all - the forces seem to be different (I know they probably aren't so don't get technical) but it's just a completely different ride. Lot's of fun though.

• 3 months later...

I went down and checked this out today, and was fairly impressed, quite a solid attraction that is a lot of fun (I'd rate it equally as good as the Claw at DW), there is good air at the top of each spike (don't hold on, and put your legs out) and the water jets leave you mildly damp, and thankfully, don't hurt. The spinning really is random throughout the cycle...sometimes it might spin a small amount at the beginning of the cycle, but would then suddenly whip around a few of times in a fast spin, only to settle down again. Lines seemed to be about 20 minutes (roughly 2 switchbacks full) which was bearable. My only gripe would be its short cycle time, but I recognise that it is a balance between providing a satisfying ride, whilst working with the capacity constraints.

you were at the park today? probably served you. You were unlucky but by the sounds of it, all week there has been no line at all for surfrider. the short cycle time has been a complaint i hear alot about surfrider. I guess they could get it to do the track another time, but then the wait would be longer.

^Ummm, I went to guest services in the morning to get my pass, and then I got my locker from the person on the right hand till (So I guess your left) and I got lunch at Bombora, and got served at the very far right till (closest to the wave pool) so I guess you could work out from that.... I did notice it was a bit busy, not unbearable but I made no special effort to get anything in paticular done (Plus I was solo and I couldn't be stuffed with any of the raft slides, bring on one person rings I say)...I left at 2 to go next door and ride Superman and try the new dodgems.

Edited by Gazza

I was in the photo centre but not until after 11. you probably don't remember but was the person wearing red or green? Funny you should mention the one person rings, over the last week WnW have been doing surveys and one of the options for what you would like to see next was individual slides. i think they are needed, there are not many slides you can do as a single. EDIT: by the way great photos of Wet n Wild, some great and unique angles.

Edited by ShadowXL

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, surfrider went down very early in the day (ie.11amish) yesterday and was down all day today, don't know what the problem is tho, just noticed this while working yesterday and today. So if your planning a trip to Wet 'n' Wild just for Surfrider make sure you ring in the morning to check if it will be running or not over the next week or so, will update when i see its up,

• 2 weeks later...

I was down at Wet n Wild today, despite having to be evacuated from the slides / pools several times from storms. Surfrider was experiencing ALOT of tech issues. It had several breakdowns, ranging from the floors getting stuck to harnesses not releasing. And also one of the rings (the one facing AOS) isn't spinning at all for some reason. The harnesses have also seen better days, the black rubber is starting to really show through the blue. The cycle has also got SHORTER... You get 2 full shuttles before slowing right back down to stop, along with the water not working. And is it just me or does Surfrider REALLY need a new paintjob?

Yes today was the busiest day Wet 'n' Wild has seen in while. I think there 3 evacuations all together, but they were not very long at all. I have noticed that the side you are talking about does seem to spin a lot less, sometimes not at all then the other side. I did see the water spray earlier in the day, wasn't watching it much in the afternoon so was that when the water wasn't spraying? I think it may be the chlorine in the water which makes a lot of the rides look faded. The tornado when the water isn't running is very faded, maybe this is happening to surfrider?

Yeah, where abouts were you working? I think it took about 30 minutes to get in the front gate even! But yeah, there was a evacuation at around 1:30pm that lasted 10 - 15 minutes. Then at around 2:00pm another evacuation that lasted 10 - 15 minutes. And then at around 3pm there was a 35 min evacuation. And SurfRider's Jets were running earlier in the day but not in the afternoon. And I think Wet n Wild could go with a whole park paintjob. I mean Surfrider and Tornado are just some examples, but not to mention black hole and other slides.

• 1 month later...