My Trip Report (Last Week)

JDB

I went to MW last week with my friend. We got there about 10 and the park wasn't very crowded at all. We decided to head straight to the back of the park and work our way back. We went into the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster first. We went in and there was NO line! There was only 3 people waiting to get on. We got on without having to wait at all. When we got off we decided to go on again because of the short line. We lined back up and there were only about 8 people in there now. When we finished our second ride, we headed over to Wild West Falls. Again there were no lines! We got in a boat to ourselves and then when the ride finished, we were asked if we wanted to go around again. We did.:) After that we walked into Looney Tunes Village to see if the Road Runner Rollercoaster had a short line so we could go on more than once. But they only had one carriage going and the line was huge! So we skipped that and decided to go on the River Rapids. Same old ride but I'm glad it's still there. After that, we got something to eat at Gotham City. The service there was very slow, slower than usual. Then we walked back down Main Street and there was a Shrek 4D going in so we decided to go see it. Even though I've already seen this more than once, it still is enjoyable. I still wish the kept the Duck Dodgers 3D show though. I think it fit in with MW way better. We then headed over to Batwing. The line was a 15 minute wait but it was worth it. Then we went into the Batman Simulator. I think they need to shorten down the intro to that ride, it takes so long and uses up a lot of time. We didn't go on Superman Escape, hopefully next time I go to MW, I'll go on that. After Batman, we wandered around, looking at the shops and things and bought some Churros! They're so nice. I always buy them when I go there. After that we wandered back to the front of the park and left. It was a good day to go, and I'm hoping to go again soon with my Annual Pass I've already used about 7 times!:)

Glad you had a short line for SDSC - that can get unpleasant to have to queue in for extended periods - like Cyclone. River Rapids is great to do from time to time - lame preshow but lovely and cool inside and while the technology is ageing, the whole ride is really well done... the park would definitely lose some of its magic if it was taken out. While the Batman preshow is long, that's kind of the point...it's another stage of lining up but at least you don't have to stand in the queue for the full time with nothing happening. Shrek 4D I absolutely love as I did it in Orlando in Feb 2005 so it's nice to see it cloned perfectly (in terms of preshow, not the building) and to have some of the Universal magic here in Australia. Have NEVER had a churro so will put that on my 'must do' list next to going to the restaurant near Wiggles World. Good to hear you're getting value out of your annual pass.

Edited by Tony Teulan

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, you misunderstand. It's just that most of the times I'm queued up there, the air conditioning hasn't been working that well so I just find the temperature level can be a bit unpleasant. The theming is good though and at least it's out of the sun. It's better than the Cyclone but they need to monitor the A/C more and turn it up a little more sometimes.

Edited by Tony Teulan

Then we went into the Batman Simulator. I think they need to shorten down the intro to that ride, it takes so long and uses up a lot of time.
Thats actually the idea of a correctly done story themed ride. I would rather have all the preride stuff because thats what having fun at a themepark is all about IMO.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! HOLD IT FOR A SECOND... YOU WORK IN A THEMEPARK... YOU GREW UP AROUND THEM... AND YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A CHURRO! WHAT THE HELL!
That is without a doubt the biggest tragedy of the century! I think he has to get out there and have one. Just quietly though, Dreamworld has a far superior product. They generally heat them up for you, so when they put the cinnamon sugar on it kind of caramelises a little. Oh my gosh, I am getting the biggest craving now! haha... Oh, and I honestly prefer all the 'pre-ride' stuff on Batman Adventure 2. I think the simulation bit is boring, and the pre-story is more exciting. I will admit though that they need some people in the pre-show that remember their lines. Last time I went on it the girl was like, "We are looking at umm... line..." and looked sideways! LOL!!!

That is without a doubt the biggest tragedy of the century! I think he has to get out there and have one. Just quietly though, Dreamworld has a far superior product. They generally heat them up for you, so when they put the cinnamon sugar on it kind of caramelises a little. Oh my gosh, I am getting the biggest craving now! haha...
You know, growing up I didn't have much of a sweet tooth - as a kid, my idea of a lolly was a strawberry. Occasionally some of those chocolate freckles :) Still don't go for anything overly sweet but willing to try anything at least once so will give these a shot.

• 5 weeks later...

I know it would cost more money and would need more man power, but cumon, if Movieworld thinks that waiting 30mins for 1 ride doesn't "mind" people, then there is something wrong with them! :blink: Cause I do mind! Last September, they were running 1 train both days we were at Movieworld, and I think the longest we waited was 40mins (this was because of harness problems and a over-wieght man that couldn't fit into the seat), unlucky I guess!!B) However, the shortest we waited was around 15-20mins, but this was when the shows were on. I still think that Movieworld are out of their minds if they think that people "don't mind" waiting 30 mins in off-peak season for 1 ride! PLEASE MOVIEWORLD - RUN 2 TRAINS ON SUPERMAN!! well, that's my 2 cents! ;) CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8