Modern Marvels. Two documentaries for you to download

Gold Coaster

Here are a couple of download links to theme park documentaries I thought you would like. Modern Marvels - Rollercoasters (374 MB) (1 HR RUNNING TIME) The names are designed to inspire terror in the faint of heart: The Beast, Raptor, Steel Phantom, Colossus, Cyclone and Demon Drop. In amusement parks and boardwalks all over the world, the roller coaster is king. Beginning as far back as the turn of the century, roller coasters' designers have competed to build them faster, taller, steeper. They've flipped riders upside down, made them weightless, and applied more g-forces to their bodies than pilots experience in a fighter jet. As technology advanced through the twentieth century, roller coasters kept pace. Today, they are pushing the outside of the envelope in terms of what the human body is capable of withstanding. And still, eager patrons are demanding bigger and better thrills. From their origins in Russia to the high-tech wonders of the mega-amusement parks, this is the thrilling story of the development of roller coasters. TORRENT URL: http://www.mininova.org/get/503658 Modern Marvels - Walt Disney World (700 MB) (2 HR RUNNING TIME) Clandestine land grabs. A maze of hidden tunnels. High-ranking Army and Navy officers. Secret technology, known only to a handful of carefully chosen insiders. Cloaked in secrecy for years, the project began as one of the world's biggest, most ambitious, and little-known undertakings. Military research installation? No, Walt Disney World. Orlando's Walt Disney World is not only the most visited theme park in the world, it's also the most technologically advanced. From a network of underground tunnels connecting the various regions of the parks, to the space-age propulsion technology called linear synchronous motors, Disney has been at the leading edge of theme park technology since it invented the theme park with the opening of Disneyland in 1954. Soaring castles, sleek monorails, life-like animatronics, Modern Marvels: Walt Disney World takes viewers on a behind-the-scenes tour of the ingenious technology and incredible engineering feats that went into building the 27,000 acre complex. Tony Note: Focusses on Magic Kingdom, MGM, EPCOT & Animal Kingdom. Not the resorts or waterparks. TORRENT URL: http://www.mininova.org/tor/185329

B000CS461O.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Edited by Tony Teulan

I got 3 questions for ya Tony. 1. How up-to-date are these doco's? Do they show coasters that have just been built. E.g: Expedition Everest & Tatsu. 2. Waht is a Torrent? 3. What type of format do these videos come in? And what type of player should I download, if the format can't be played with Window Media 11. Thanks, CoasterBoy8

I got 3 questions for ya Tony. 1. How up-to-date are these doco's? Do they show coasters that have just been built. E.g: Expedition Everest & Tatsu. 2. Waht is a Torrent? 3. What type of format do these videos come in? And what type of player should I download, if the format can't be played with Window Media 11. Thanks, CoasterBoy8
1. The Walt Disney World one is March '06. Rollercoasters was 2000 I believe. 2. "BitTorrent is a way to transfer files of just about any size quickly and efficiently. It works by breaking files up into small pieces. The file is downloaded piece by piece from one or many different sources. It's efficient because you get faster downloads using a lot less bandwidth." 3. DivX. Try VLC Media Player Edited by Tony Teulan

I think the Walt Disney World one was aired in the US before then. I've had it on DVD since March last year. And it was definately filmed before then, because it shows part of the construction of Expedition Everest. I would guess by the stage of construction it probably would have been filmed about August/September of 2005. But that's really only an educated guess. Mickey C