$15 entry at 3pm

iggy05

Not sure if too many people are aware of this deal - but right now WWW is offering $15 entry into the park at 3pm onwards, which is handy if you are spending a day at Dreamworld and want to finish it off with two hours at WWW - enough time at this point of the year to ride everything at least once. Forgot to mention this in my review, as this is how I discovered WWW. I paid $15 the first time, when I was at Dreamworld, at 3pm, got a $10 reentry which I used for another full day with a mate, and on that second day, scored another $10 reentry for the following day (which we used after catching a cab from WnW to WWW following a disappointing experience at the former). So 2.5 days at WWW cost approx $45!! (excluding food and locker hire, of course)

I certainly hope the park attendance levels are not too far below expectations otherwise they will be less inclined to invest in new parks etc. in the future. There's no reason why even if the park isn't doing so well now it can't become very profitable in the future. If more people are visiting WnW simply because it's bigger, WWW is just going to have to expand and then they could do just as well if not better than WnW. I will be interested to read Macq Leisure's upcoming financial reports

Yes, in this day and age of "what's your best price" and "do you price match?" in the retail world, an organisation that can charge whatever it wants, knowing full well that people will pay (within reason obviously), doesnt really need to offer a bargain - particularly when they have a new product, that nobody has had before... means there must be a problem. Perhaps they are getting the people they want, but they're treating the park as most people predicted - as a half day park, and by 3pm on most days, they're struggling to get the people in the park - paying staff, utilities and so on, and not having people there to be served, as well as people buying food and drink, means those hours are not profitable. i'd say the people in the morning make the money for them, but they're trying to get people in the park to buy food and drink and concessions and so on, as well as keep their staff occupied.

I don't know..when I was there not only was there a line up at the dw/www entry but there was a whole heap of people having coffees and drinks at bite me (which have great cappuccinos if you haven't had one there). I just dont see the logic in saying this park is failing because they are offering discounts? DW do it every year with the mates rates, the coupons at McDonald's..why is this so different from that?

It's actually good business sense, because there's no way you would pay full price for two hours at any park or place. Think about it, as a result of reducing the price at 3pm, there's a greater chance that the nay-sayers to full price will then pay: $15 to enter $8 locker hire $4 possibility of at least a drink, more if a meal. Plus as mentioned above, more peeps keeps the park looking busy, and at that price, it's a great way to end a day at Dreamworld.

See here: http://www.wetnwild.com.au/tickets/tickets.cfm#8

Afternoon rates apply as follows: * From 2:00pm when the park closes at 4:00pm. * From 3:00pm when the park closes at 5:00pm. * From 5:00pm on any Dive'n'Movie night. Dive'n'Movies screen every Saturday night from September through to April and every night from 27 December 2006 until 25 January 2007. Check Opening and Closing Hours. ADULTS $21.00 Available at the front gate only CHILDREN (4 - 13 years inclusive) $14.00 Available at the front gate only PENSIONERS (with Government Card)* $14.00 Available at the front gate only
Afternoon rates were there when I was on the GC in 1999, and could have been around before that. Edited by Gazza

Yeah, I don't think WWW is having any problems with reaching expectations. They probably kept these alternate deals, etc out of the equation when it opened to make sure that they could earn as much as possible in the first couple of months of opening. But they probably always planned on introducing them. I mean, they cap the entry amount don't they, so you don't want people holding annual passes taking up spaces while people who would pay for entry on that day miss out? Now that the peak season is sort of over, they are happy to let people in at say $15 bucks after 3:00pm because now they realise that their best business will come from the locals. And considering that some pool complexes will charge 5-10 bucks for a swim in the arvo, this is something that could catch people's attention. On top off that, there is always a chance people might grab something to eat or a drink and all of a sudden you are making pretty good money out of someone who goes for two hours.