New Wonderland Ride

DJKostya

This was posted on the Wonderland website. Maybe it's a hint at what's to come: This decision makes way for a variety of new opportunities; we are discussing long term relationships with some of the worlds biggest brands to be fully integrated into the parks landscape, as was once Hanna Barbera. :D:D:D Can't wait to find out

To me, it sounds like they could be trying to find a replacement for Hanna-Barbara. Even so, a new kids area can't hurt, and since all the Gold Coast parks have had new kids area built in the last 5 or so years, maybe Wonderland is looking at doing a new one for themselves. That is of course a wild guess..... anyone know what exactly it is?

They are well aware of the dent that the lack of Hanna-Babera Land, or Little Wonders Land, has caused on their currently lineup of attractions. Without a childrens area, they've lost a majority of the appeal that this area once had to the obvious target audience. Cartoon Network at this stage to me seems most obvious. It was last Easter that Dreamworld harmlessly started a holiday attraction involving Blues Clues. Just a few weeks after that, a major deal struck with Nickelodeon, and was important enough to have a half-page article in the financial section of Courier Mail one day. Wonderland Sydney has their Powerpuff Girls show, makes perfect sense to me that this could be hinting at something to be coming in the near future.

The company they partner with won't determine the size of the area, this is almost entirely up to how much they're willing to spend. HB Land however, was needlessly large. Looney Tunes Village in particular does its job much better and is much smaller. Cartoon Beach is a very small childrens area, it is just a collection of well themed rides, rather than an actual 'land'. Nick Central on the other hand at Dreamworld will be a very large, with more than just rides. Wonderland has land to burn, so they won't have to resort to a smaller one like Cartoon Beach or Looney Tunes Village, which were done within park confines.

• 7 months later...
Guest Cokecool

I can see it now! Garfeild Land Rides: Garfeild Screamer Coaster(Relocate the Beastie and Rename) Garfeild-Go-Round(Carousel) Orson's Swing Set(Kiddie Wave Swinger) Roy's Rockin'-N-Roller Coaster(Kiddie Roller Coaster) Odie's Kick Out(Kiddie Magic Carpet Ride) Garfeild & Odie's Big Adventure(Log Flume Ride)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah - similar situation with me, about 3 visits ago. While everything else bar Beastie was a walkon, that flume had an hour+ queue. It ran only two or three two person boats, and it's the only wet ride suitable for younger kids, so naturally it was a bit of a hefty wait most of the time. I think this was part of the reason the park removed it (ever find that you're better off removing a low capacity ride from a park in RCT/2?). You can see this ride off in the grassy hill behind Demon, along with about every other ride that once operated at PKI.

You can also see Scooby's Silly Stix remains when on SP (or Demon?). I missed that old attraction. I used to love Hanna Barbera Land. I remember when I was little I used to love every ride there and then I made a visit to the park, I was then too tall for all of HBL's rides. :( That was the worst Wonderland trip I've ever had..

Guest Cokecool

I have a strange feeling that HBL will be rethemed to MARVEL Comics. With Wonderland ans MARVEL signing that deal I don't thank they will let it go to wast! 8) Coca-Cola RULES!!! :P:D

They had: Beastie Scooby's Silly Stix Captain Caveman's Clippers -> Galleon's Graveyard Judy's Jetliners Flintstone's Splashdown Dick Dastardly's Red Baron Race -> Little Monsters Flying School Skylink Zodiac Top Cat's Putt Putt All Stars Merry Go Round Dino Bumpers And when it first opened they had: Huckleberry Hounds Paddle Boats

What other rides did Hanna-Barbera Land have?