Knotts on getaway monday night

Ian

I've not watched many travel shows in recent years, but when you've spent the past few months talking to people at Videopro, and trying out all sorts of expensive cameras way out of my range, you really do get an eye for the quality of both the picture and the shots taken. They really did do their best to get what I'd call a pretty rounded view of Knotts. Plus they did research beyond the average tourist brochure for a change, which was evident from the ACE reference. From what I've seen of GhostRider, I really don't think they did it much justice at all (given that they had around 5 minutes to squeeze in all this footage, I don't see how they could anyway).

I taped this also, and was pretty impressed with the segment. The editing was great, the whole segment seemed to maintain it's upbeat, "fun" feel to the segment. However, the vibration caused by the on rides made these classic coasters seem rougher than Thunderbolt. I wonder if they used foam around the camera to absorb some of the vibrations? Overall, it was great.. Liam "Finds it hilarious that she asked to be stapled on Xcelerator!" Schembri

Well I think they did a great job of capturing Knotts. I've been trying to convey the sheer amount of water on PP since I got back and the footage from that was awsome. You just can't do Ghostrider justice, its one AWSOME coaster, just a mile a minute from the minute the breaks come off to when they go back on again. You have to give Colossos credit just for being itself but it just doesnt compare to GR. Then of course there is Xcel, nothing can describe the feeling when you crest that apex and take the plunge back down...can't wait for TTD :-)

I got told about the Getaway segement with the Knott's bit, but when it came to 7:30, I was on the computer playing a game when I figured @ 8:30, I missed it!! :( I wasn't just going to watch it for the Knott's bit, I was also going to watch thew segment about New Caledonia where they had information about The Mole and the making of it, etc. The Mole Is my favourite TV show! :D