saberon

Model T Cars

41 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, Went to Dreamworld and Whitewater World yesterday, had a blaast. Saw a crane and construction workers pullling down the model T cars all the metal guide track has been removed and the building was pretty much just a frame shouldn't be too long and it will be completely gone. I think things are really get moving with the new ride. :)

It has been rumored that they have temporarily pulled down the Model T cars for the site of the new ride. When work on the new ride is complete the Model T cars will go back to where they were originally, but with probably a slightly different track layout and refurbished cars. The car track will probably go around the ride.

Um i might be wrong, but have they not already opened on the other side of the park? And i might be wrong with this as well, but they are not going to wrap anything around the new coaster, well nothing we have been told of!

Haha. It's already been moved and the new roller coaster is already getting built. The car ride has been moved to the back of the park. Great rumour :P Thanks for the low-down.

I love how people join here, tell us stuff that we already know and try to make themselves sound like they were first to know. lol. :lol: Sorry dude, that cracked me up.

Well, the track through the wooded area looks nice enough, but I think the colour of the roadway and the tyre marks make it look like a running track. The station looks terrible though, looks like they rang up Spanline for that one. I much preferred the barn like station with a shingled roof that was at the old location, this pretty much highlights exactly how the DW of today differs from the original days. Back then they made an effort to make buildings look nice (and in a 1920s style). Now they just spend the bare minimum to keep the rain out.

Edited by Gazza

Those pics of the new Model T layout are really sad, there was clearly no effort to recreate any of the charm of the old location. DW management don't care about the park at all so it seems. The attitude seems to be "Just slap her up, she'll be right".

Gotta agree there. We should all complain to Dreamworld! It just appears the Australian public don't care about theming, hence why they don't worry bout it. :(

Saberon posted this along time ago (1st March). Bubco is the one who gave us this great low-down. :) But Bubco was only trying to do good, so let's not all act like he's done something bad, or mean.

A look at the lake in Oaky Creek that the new area fronts onto. Along the left bank is Australian Wildlife Experience and the Log Ride further down. The relocation opens up a whole new area around the lake for potential expansion.
I think this is what people should be looking at. Let's face it, if Dreamworld had no intention of building over there, they simply wouldn't have bothered relocating the Vintage Cars. As for the comments on the appearance and 'charm'. I think it looks good and nice. It's suppose to be a casual sort of a ride, and the station looks nice. Besides, you really cannot tell what is going to be build around in future.

In my personal opinion, the only thing the ride has going for it at the moment is the "freshness" appeal it has. Knowing Dreamworld, in 6 months this freshness look the ride has won't excist. It has been done cheaply, and the ride deserved better. Just look at the station. It's a bloody carport. There is also a very large green shed in the middle of the course, which just looks nasty. Wouldn't have taken much to pretty them up a bit.

T-Bone, that is exactly right. Everything looks good when it is brand new simply because its tidy and glossy, the timber is fresh and the concrete is unstained. But the station is bland, a colourbond roof with unpainted supports, (T-Bone summed it up perfectly, it looks like a cheap carport) it does the job but there is nothing noteworthy about it, it lacks the charm of the old station.

^That's a bit harsh. I reckon it looks good too. And forgive me if I am wrong but what's the problem with having a carport for a station when the ride is about cars?

Carport, Barbecue Canopy, Bus Sheter, whatever. Its a pretty basic structure.

And forgive me if I am wrong but what's the problem with having a carport for a station when the ride is about cars?
Umm, maybe because back in the times when these cars were on the road carports like what they have done didnt really exist, they style of the structure is all wrong. Why didnt they try and theme it? a nice brick pillared building with timber rafters and an uncoloured tin roof, done up like an old service station with old petrol bowsers, antique style signs, mechanics equipment, shelves with oil cans and tools on them, oil lanterns, really giving the feel of being back in the glory days of motoring. However, I think the bush setting is nice, it is good how they went to an effort to not cut down trees. OK, lets flip things around here, what intrinsic qualities make what they have done 'nice'. Edited by Gazza