Model T Cars

saberon

Come on it looks like crap. To be honest it looks exactly the same as the shelter they built at AOS for me to park my boom lift under back of house. They've taken a classic dreamworld attraction and made it look like something temporary. I don't know how people in control could look at what the old attraction looked like and thing this is an acceptable recreation. God I even remember back in the day when they had actors on the course that would stag a fake arrest by the police during your course. It's just tacky and bland.

From the pictures the area looks very nice.
I disagree with you here. Sorry. But each is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that.
Ok, someone needs to get their eyes checked.
I'm glad you aren't an Architect or a Landscape Designer.
People are entitled to their own opinions. We need to respect that.
Umm, maybe because back in the times when these cars were on the road carports like what they have done didnt really exist, they style of the structure is all wrong. Why didnt they try and theme it? a nice brick pillared building with timber rafters and an uncoloured tin roof, done up like an old service station with old petrol bowsers, antique style signs, mechanics equipment, shelves with oil cans and tools on them, oil lanterns, really giving the feel of being back in the glory days of motoring.
Excellent idea! Maybe you should write a letter to Dreamworld. Do they know what we think about this recreation? I doubt it, But if they knew.. maybe they would improve it? As I said earlier. Sadly the Australia public doesn't care about theming anymore. <_< Dreamworld, Movie World and the like have learn of this. Shown in Superman Escape and when Wild West Falls needed re-theming after the fire.

• 2 weeks later...

Vintage Cars looks attractive on the map :P What I think is most amusing about that map is that they have Rivertown on it, but there is really nothing where the "Rivertown" locator actually is. Also, and I know this is going off topic, but can anyone tell me what that Wiggles thing on the other side of the island is? I honestly haven't been on that side of the island in a long time... if at all.

As I said earlier. Sadly the Australia public doesn't care about theming anymore. <_< Dreamworld, Movie World and the like have learn of this. Shown in Superman Escape and when Wild West Falls needed re-theming after the fire.
I totally agree with the above statement. It is so sad but so true. The Australian public in general just wants rides and don't seem to give a toss about how they are presented. Hence the reason parks like Luna Park in Sydney can get away with appallingly presented areas like 'Maloney's Corner' and no one seems to notice. Superman Escape and the post fire re-theming of Wild West Falls are also perfect examples Chaos-Maniac... examples which almost make me kind of depressed. As much as I'm a fan of theming though I'm not overly disappointed that DW didn't spend any money on the relocation of the antique cars. I mean it is a pretty basic ride and is totally ancient and wouldn't be considered a drawcard. To be honest I'm surprised they bothered relocating it at all. I'm glad they did as I don't think the park can afford to lose any more rides but considering their recent track record it still surprises me

Vintage Cars looks attractive on the map :P What I think is most amusing about that map is that they have Rivertown on it, but there is really nothing where the "Rivertown" locator actually is. Also, and I know this is going off topic, but can anyone tell me what that Wiggles thing on the other side of the island is? I honestly haven't been on that side of the island in a long time... if at all.
It's Farmyard Friends.

• 2 months later...
You know where the emus are? They have extended across the river, so you walk across and the cars are there. It is by an orchid with like sheep. But anyway, nice scenery but its fenced and the track is flat and they can see you so you can't stop so, boring?
Doesn't stop me from stopping or even going slow. And yes boring.