Cessnock Show

mickey_079

Well Cessnock had their annual show last weekend. Usually after entering the front gates you are greeted by clowns, horses and a few food stores... this year you walked in to see... cars parked. This year cessnock's show consisted of only a few rides... The Splash Canyon, this was a first for cessnock and resulting in Maitland show to miss out on having it and other shows in the hunter valley, The Yo-Yo, the Star Chase, Tornado, one dodgems, one mini ferris wheel, and about 4 kids rides... what a disgrace to cessnock... even the carnies looked better than what the show did! Although there were more entertainment shows this year, these shows consisted of the demolition derby, caravan derby, horse racing, freestyle motocross, lawn mower racing and the fireworks show. In previous years Cessnock show lived up to its tradition and excellent show. There would usually be the zipper, 3 sets of dodgems, Yo-Yo, Go-Karts, the Ranger about 6 childrens rides, more than 3 jumping castle, mirror maze, haunted house, 2 other rides were u go upside down (dont remember name sorry), the tornado, live music, freestyle motocross, showbag stands, more food stands, more game stands and they would cram rides in wherever they could fit it. Cessnock thought they would be different this year using the Splash Canyon but because it was expensive they could not afford many other rides. It took 6 semi-trailers to arrive and took 3 weeks to complete... although during transit something happened to ride making it stop up the hills making ride ops push you down the hill. The ride also broke down while I was on there. Not sure if many of you care... would like to hear your thoughts on our show this year and how does it compare to your local show. Also is anyone going to Newcastle show or Sydney's Royal Easter Show?

Sounds like another Les Osborne Amusements/Durkin Amusements stuff up. Cessnock Show Society just should stick with the Showmen's Guild of Australasia, they wouldn't let them down.
Why do you think the show society got rid of the Showmen's Guild in the first place, errr cause they were let down.

You say let down hey, i attended the show with my familys gear for about the last half a century, the show always got good equipment and the gear they got was pretty good. If i recall the last year we were there they got: Zipper, dodgems, go karts, hurrican, extreame force, cha cha, nightmare ghost train, giant slide, maze of mirrors, plenty of kids rides and games. All the gear was well lit well staffed and looked great. OFA had rides there which included dodgem cars(10 cars 3 working and looked really run down), yo yo( old guild ride), tilt a whirl( one spotlight facing the ride but hey who needs lights to see in the dark any way) Star chase( was a complete disgrace for a ride that should look nice)Splash canyon( well what do you say its out dated and needs a bit of TLC if it ain't working properly don't put people at risk by working it) Cheers OZShowkid

You say let down hey, i attended the show with my familys gear for about the last half a century, the show always got good equipment and the gear they got was pretty good. If i recall the last year we were there they got: Zipper, dodgems, go karts, hurrican, extreame force, cha cha, nightmare ghost train, giant slide, maze of mirrors, plenty of kids rides and games. All the gear was well lit well staffed and looked great. OFA had rides there which included dodgem cars(10 cars 3 working and looked really run down), yo yo( old guild ride), tilt a whirl( one spotlight facing the ride but hey who needs lights to see in the dark any way) Star chase( was a complete disgrace for a ride that should look nice)Splash canyon( well what do you say its out dated and needs a bit of TLC if it ain't working properly don't put people at risk by working it) Cheers OZShowkid
Who are you!? lol. How about we all say, cessnock show was downright crap... and seriously doubt that after this year the won't be having one next year... and yeah it was osbourne. Although they did say, attendance was at its highest this year.