NEW WATER SLIDES!

Johno

8) Johno Here 8) Today I rang Wonderland Sydney because I was too eager to find out what they were doing to the Beach's Tower I rang the 24 Hour Info Line thinking I would be listening to prerecorded infomation when a lady picked the phone up I took a while to respond I staggered to speak as the words came out. "Hi, Would you happen to know what they are doing to the Beach at the moment?" "They are refurbishing the water slides and putting in some new ones" "So they're not taking out any water slides?" "No they are putting in some new and better ones, the beach opens on Saturday the 27 of September in 3 weeks." That is the best news I've heard from WLS in a long time! It's also the same day SuperHero Headquarters opens in the retail outlet.

Well then I guess we'll just have to wait and see? But if you don't think so then why would one of the STAFF tell me that they are getting new water slides AND why would they need cranes to refurbish the water slides AND on one of the post or somewhere I read that they were adding a new level to the Beach's Tower why would they be adding a new level. We'll just have to wait and see?

i said that they are refurbishing the slides hint hint. they are getting rid of the old crappy slides, and refurbishing them to be better and new slides. thats what she means. i can gurantee that wonderland isnt building new water slides i know many things that happen around the park. and that isnt one of them u took it the other way thinking they will be totally different slides when infact its new as in newly refurbished.

Hello ALL Firstly, Johno thanks for that exciting piece of news you gave us. Nightshifter I wouldnt jump to conslusions that quickly. I mean he technicaly "heard it from the horses mouth". But we just have to wait till the end of the month. But it does make allot of sence in getting new slides considering what they are doing to the tower. Cheers

Apparantley wonderlands staff have been officially told by management that The Beach is getting a full refurb but nothing has been mentioned about a new slide. I find it difficult to believe then that the receptionist would be privy to info regarding the new slide if no one else is. I am guessing she is perhaps a little confused. As much as I'd like to see a new slide in time for The Beach opening... I won't be holding my breath.

Well a day of excitement, lunch time i contacted the park from school and asked, Hello will the beach be getting anything new this year, yes we will be getting 3 new slides. Are you sure they are not the old ones getting painted? no they are 3 completely new slides, ok thanks then at 4:30 this afternoon my brother rang the park as soon as i got home, his conversation consisted of this as he turned the microphone on so we could both hear it, "the beach is getting a number of new slides this year, by sep 27 that are not going to be the same shape or design and i cannot tell you anymore at this time as it is told to be kept quiet!" frankly i am excited, that's 3 people who have got the same response im just waiting for Liam to ring and 4 times and i'm sold!

I can't wait to see pictures of what they're doing down that way. Assuming it's all happening, what's everyone's picks for slides? Honestly, so long as they're on mats or tubes, and not body slides, I'm happy - besides, once you've got a set of body slides, you don't need more - they're all the same basic thing with not much difference between them. With tube slides, you've got a whole range of different styles of rides, and I think Wet'n'Wild has shown that.

Well you all seem quite convinced that The Beach is getting new slides. I however, am not so sure, being the doubtful person that I am. They're going to have to start building quickly as they have under 3 weeks to get 3 new slides up. While I can see that The Beach is certainly getting a detailed refurb I'm not convinced about these slides... not in time for this season anyway.

i also got sent an email and she said that the 3 slides everyone is talking about are the same 3 slides that are already on the tower, she said wonderland may get new ones but the same design, but they have confirmed that tehre are just refurbishing the old slides. to confirm this i also rang up the park the demon and bush beast wont operate for a while and the snowy river rampage is operating.

I had my wife ring the park on Friday and ask about the new slides. As it turns out, the lady who answered the phone went to school with my wife in Brisbane at one stage. We found out that the park has been told that there are new slides coming and that it is all ment to be in place by the 27th of September, although the construction is running behind. I think that this is another issue that we should sit on and take a wait and see approach to. Too many different stories with this one.

Well here's to still hoping.... But in all honesty, imo, I don't think it would matter too much if the new slides they may be building didn't open until after September. I mean, The Beach doesn't start to see huge crowds until late October / early November usually, when the weather really starts to warm...

OK this is not making any freakin sence to me at all. And i'm sure allot of people would agree with me on this one. Why on earth would the park tell one person something about whats happening, but to another a complete different story on whats happening. Why would it tell one person their getting new slides and the other their not????? Any sence to that?

8) Johno Here 8) On saturday I took a trip to WS to see how the Beach was getting on, all the buildings in the carparks for the WS-B Park were so "WOW" I haven't been there since April! Now on to the good stuff, the top of the Tower and the AquaTube roof were gone! The Wave slides have been painted and I'm guessing from what I could see that the Free Fall slides have too. The Wave slides had a cover round the sides. The Beach Tower has 3 NEW levels that go underneath the Wave slides and go outwards towards the AquaTube. Lots of land is cleared near the front of the Beach to the left facing from the highway. NO NEW Slides yet but I've got my fingers crossed that they can pull it off in 3 weeks (2 weeks and 2 days). I mean WHY would they open the Beach if they were still working on it, thats just crazy! They have to pull it off! GO WONDERLAND SYDNEY! Plus Check Out MY Beach Construction Photos In The Album. Under Construction.

8) Johno Here 8)   Lots of land is cleared near the front of the Beach to the left facing from the highway. .
This clearing of land, could it be for the Traffic control centre they are building at Wonderland for the new Westlink M7 (Sydney Orbital)? Exerp from news article, 23rd July, Blacktown Advocate: _____________________________________________________ ""Motorists will pay a $5 toll through an electronic tag system and bypass 56 sets of traffic lights. A traffic control room is being set up at Wonderland Sydney. "" ______________________________________________________ Cheers, Michael