Dreamworld now has The Shack

mattcrombie

There is nothing worse than a low budget afternoon kids show. My understanding of the whole premise of 'The Shak' was the fact that the show was set in a shack next to a lagoon with dolphins in it (they used a building at Sea World for the external shots while interior was a set in a studio). So what are they using at Dreamworld as a replacement shack? I don't think these shows do much to bolster attendance at the parks, considering their relatively low viewership. Shows with massive demographics like Big Brother on the other hand...

I cant stand that show *shudders* I had always wondered why themeparks can have shows that are on 2 rival channels like Toasted tv on channel 10 and the shak on 9 when it was at seaworld. Now its the same for dreamworld and whitewater world with big brother.

Edited by aidan

I cant stand that show *shudders* I had always wondered why themeparks can have shows that are on 2 rival channels like Toasted tv on channel 10 and the shak on 9 when it was at seaworld. Now its the same for dreamworld and whitewater world with big brother.
But the thing with Toasted & the Shack (when it was at SW) was that both parks are owned by the same company so in theory they would have gotten twice the money and if MW get that WB Kids show then WVTP won't lose any money so there is no major problem with that.

The Shak may have moved to DW, though the slightly less embarressing Toasted is supposedly moving to SW while MW gets the new WB Kids Sat morning show. What can I say, its an exciting time in low budget kids TV folks ;)
That is correct, Last week WB KIDS started filming at work, and Toasted is now at Seaworld, so the shak was most likely asked to find a new home.

I agree with everybody here, it just looks soooo out of place. The Shak at Seaworld looked way better than the one at WWW. Ok, just picture this: Your looking around and you are taking in all of the atmosphere around you. You can hear soft laughs and screams from the waterslides when your eye-sight is caught by something really out of place (the Shack). :huh::o:blink: This is an eye-sore and should be removed!! THE END -_- CoasterBoy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

how could Dreamworld degrade themselves into signing rights to film the show?
As far as I am concerned, they did that when they signed themselves up for Big Brother. But hey, it can't be that bad, can it? It's more money which is being invested into the park, and some great advertising for what some people are calling on these boards as an "Under performing Amusement Park".

As far as I am concerned, they did that when they signed themselves up for Big Brother.
Oh dont say that around Dreamworld_rulz, lol. I think it is really gross they may as well just put it against the captain sturts river in dreamworld.. It would fit in good there with the whole bogan style they have gone for.

I really don't think it's as bad as people are saying. I mean you can't really say it totally doesn't fit in. It actually fits the WhiteWater World theme perfectly and sort of adds more theming elements to the park. It's got surf boards and a boat out the front and it's meant to be a beach shack - how can you say that doesn't suit the park? It's also really colourful and there's no denying WWW is colourful. I'd like to see it in context with the rest of the park and its positioning before I make too many judegements. The only thing I am against is budget afternoon kids TV which is mostly of a really low standard. And I don't understand why this show 'The Shak' insists on having a shack in a theme park. Maybe because it is cheaper for them and they don't have to build their own shack somewhere? As far as I'm aware the building they used at Sea World was already pre existing but this one at WWW appears to be a specially built facade