Bring back the studio tour and wheres superman?

clone_tk422

I remember when it first opened, you got to go on the studio tour. I reckon they should bring it back.. after all, it is is MOVIEworld isnt it? And it is built on the set of movie studios.. Im assuming parks like Universal studios have studio tours in them?? I just think it seems to be about rides now and shows like any other theme park, make it more about the magic of movies.. And I still even enjoyed the movie magic effects show with superman, lethal weapon and memphis belle show.. Also you always see justice league characters walking around, where is superman?? I mean c'mon!!!! I've never seen him there, sure theres batman and catwoman etc but no supes!! especially now they have a superman ride they should have a superman too!!

• 4 months later...

the reason there is no one dressed at superman is because DC comics have a rule with superman 'superman can only be seen flying' thus the reason on superman escape coaster it has the black doors which close over the superman figure on the back of the train so no one can see him, at least very well. so the reason there is no superman with the justice league is cause he can only be seen flying. NEVER walking

^Hahahaha! That is two legend comments in the space of 5 minutes :lol: Good thing I didn't say Harry Potter was hard on the eyes ;) So, the big question though... what is to stop Movieworld hanging their dude in the Supes suit from the mist things that run along mainstreet and have attendents running him up and down with long brooms?

Im assuming parks like Universal studios have studio tours in them??
As far as I'm aware Universal Studios Hollywood is the only Universal Park to have a studio tour. I know Universal's Orlando park doesn't have one and I believe the Japan park doesn't either. So it's not entirely impossible for a park to be movie-themed and not have a studio tour - to be honest I don't think a studio tour would add anything to the Florida park. That being said, it's a strange point you've all made about Superman. He used to be seen walking around Movieworld regularly... But perhaps DC Comics has changed their licensing agreement.

The studio tour at MW in it's original form was more educational and informative than entertaining. - I worked on it for the last few years of it's life and can remember guest's reaction when they would get off the bus at the end - "That's it??" - they would respond looking puzzled... I think MW management made the right decision in responding to guest surveys to replace the attraction slowly over time, The studio tour making it's last trip some years before Movie Magic wound to an end.. I do agree however that a Movie based Theme park needs more immersive/educational/info-tainment type attractions to compliment the now impressive list of coasters and thrills. Others have mentioned on this board before they would like to see a kind of WB's museum - basically a big indoors prop house (ala Innoventions from Disney) that has theatrettes and 'hands on'displays. I applaud the idea and think it would be a relatively inexpensive and very much needed addition to the Park.

Universal Studios Florida did away with the studio tour by basically building many of the more memorable moments of the Hollywood tour as standalone attractions (Jaws, Earthquake etc.). The problem with the Movie World studio tour wasn't that there's an inherent problem with this style of attraction in terms of entertainment, but rather that their incarnation of it simply missed the mark. It's no wonder that research indicated that it wasn't an entertaining attraction, because it simply wasn't. There's nothing exciting about driving around a bunch of white sheds. Of course the big caveat is anywhere there's anything entertaining happening (such as filming of a blockbuster movie), you can guarantee that the tour isn't going anywhere near it for obvious reasons. This works at USH because it's such an expansive studio that they can easily divert the tour through other backlots. This style of ride needs to rely almost totally on props along the way, and utilise them in a way that is entertaining while being true to what the style of ride is supposed to do -- inform the rider about how movies are made. I can count just off the top of my head around a dozen different gimicks thrown in to make the ride at USH more exciting. The version at Movie World should never have been combined with the special effects show, which was evidently done to pad out the tour, as zigzagging around the soundstages doesn't quite compare to the show. At the end of the day, the problem is that the studios at Movie World really aren't interesting and the attraction tried to rely solely on the studios for entertainment. An attraction like this could succeed in the park, but it would have to be designed in such a way that the studios have little to do with the actual entertainment offered. The problem with Movie World isn't so much that that particular attraction is gone, but rather that every attraction like it is now gone. Research and patronage of these old attractions will absolutely have played a key role in the decision to remove them, but the fact that they never evolved to be more modern and up-to-date will have played a much greater role in this than shifts in consumer attitudes. It's a park which, despite its name, has distanced itself as much as possible from the filmmaking side of movies, which I think is a shame because new rides have come at the expense of old ones, when ideally they should be additions, not replacements.

• 1 month later...

Hey mate, you're only new here, don't go around calling people idiots.

Community Guidline #1 A friendly and helpful attitude is expected at all times. You aren't expected to like everyone, but you are expected to treat all members with respect at all times.
Edited by Gazza

u idiot they closed down the studio tour after the fire and the superman ride was built in there
Well I'm sorry mate but you're the one who doesn't know their facts - there was a fire in one of the studio Sound Stages caused during filming House of Wax and another one also occured in the Park atop the Wild West Falls, that's it. The Studio Tour closed down long before the Superman ride was ever even thought of and it was the Movie Magic show that was replaced by Superman :P

I don't remember much of the Studio Tour because I only saw it once and this is when I was younger. Can someone tell me if what I remember is correct? You get into a little tram/carraige thing and it drives you back past costumes used in movies then you get up to the first studio. This was Riddlers Lair I think. After that (I forget the order) was the Superman Blue Screen, The Memphis Belle (Which my Dad got picked for) and the Lethal Weapon Sound Effects bit. Is there anything I'm missing or is there something in there that never actually happened?

^ yep that's pretty much it! U got Memphis and Lethal weapon sound FX around the wrong way though (memphis was last) Oh and BTW I used to work on the Studio tour in it's er hey day and I can tell you that none of the costumes in those cabinets were original!!!
It's been so long since I went to see that Special FX show, but I always thought it went: 1) Memphis Belle 2) Superman 3) Lethal Weapon sound effects Not that it matters, I'm probably way off the mark...

^ You are way of the mark (not that it matters) It went: 1) Bullpen (we're guest's on stage were selected for the show) 2) Superman stage (Blue screen effects) 3) Sound FX stage (Lethal Weapon 2) 4) Memphis Belle SPFX stage Scary thying is I can still remember every single script (I did them too many times) but I'll spare us the sanity of resiting them ;)