Maynia @ Dreamworld

The event is on Saturday 5th May (QLD Labour Day long weekend) Maynia @ Dreamworld For more info click here Here are the prices. Prices Maynia is an 18+ event. Individual 1ST round $110 + booking fee* per ticket (500 only) Full price ticket $125 + booking fee* per ticket - Tickets to this event are extremely limited *a $6.00 booking & transaction fee per ticket will apply. There are numerous ways you can get your hands on the hottest tickets in town - online, by phone and in person. But if you don't have a ticket, you won't be getting in!

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Oh, what an original name? :huh:
Oh yeah I see your point, Maynia in MAY..wow..original..what would you have called it?? it's original as Screamworld...cause you know Dreamworld is a so many worlds of fun park and you scream on most of the rides.. Edited by lisalila

• 1 month later...

I just heard today that Maynia is officially cancelled. The organisers, Empire Events, wren't happy with the noise modelling plans that the Gold Coast City Council’s administration of the Environmental Protection Act. Empire Events Managing Director, Alex Prelac said “we feel most for the thousands of fans who have purchased their tickets who won’t get to witness their favourite artists in one of the most unique venue settings in Australia.” I'm guessing that Dreamworld will give a refund to those who purchased tickets.

It's important to note that this event, along with the New Years Eve and the D&D Ball aren't put on by Dreamworld. A separate company (Empire Events) booked the park, just as many other organisations do on a regular basis. I should also point out that the Gold Coast City Council did not cancel this event. Empire Events cancelled it, because in planning the event they needed to comply with the existing Council noise restrictions. They claim that in order to comply with these regulations, the volume of music would be insufficient for the size of the crowd, and as such result in an unsatisfactory event for patrons. Whether that's the real reason or not I don't know. I suspect it could be a cop-out to cover for low ticket sales or similar, but at any rate it's not Dreamworld nor the Council's fault it's no longer on.