Sign in to follow this  
omgismejeff

Easter show

44 posts in this topic

anyone going to the easter show this year??? and does anyone know if there will be alot of people on tuesday night when you pay 30 bucks or something for unlimited rides between 5-9???

Haven't been for about 15 years but will be going this year, it will be a little different from when it was at Moore Park. "The Bus is now leaving for Big Easter Brook, Western Australia"

Here you go:

XScream Tuesdays Make the most of Tuesdays at the Show with your XScream Tuesday wrist band, your ticket to unlimited rides in the Carnival. Cram as many rides as you can on Tuesday nights from 5pm to 9pm for just $30. This is an exclusive offer limited to the first 6000 riders. To avoid disappointment get there early! Wrist bands will sell out fast so get in line for the most action packed Tuesday night of your life! The XScream Tuesday offer excludes the Slingshot.
But yeah, I will probably go down to Sydney for the weekend so I can get a fix of Australian carnival action. With going on the TPR trips I will be away for the EKKA & Gold Coast show so will be good to hit a major one. Might hit the Melbourne Show on the way home. Does anybody know what the Gold Mine Coaster is? ...

Basically the Goldmine Coaster is a new for 2007 attraction, and is really nothing to get excited about. It is a powered Kiddie Coaster, with a figure 8 track, and can reach some great speeds. And it is basically owned by the guys who are famous for their Steam Train rides at the Royal Sydney Easter Show. Hope this helps.

Here you go. Taken last year at the Royal Easter Show. The art deco style was intended for its purpose, so sorry if the colours aren't to your liking. Essentially, it is like a vomitron style ride, except there is a carriage only at one end, and it has a gigantic fan mounted above your head to assist its propulsion.

post-152-1174883763_thumb.jpg

Urgh - Easter Show is SOOO expensive! $300 there would last me like 30minutes :mellow:
That's just plain stupid. You have no value on money then. I'm at the Melbourne Show every year from 2pm till 11pm with $200 and the money lasts the whole day.

That's just plain stupid. You have no value on money then. I'm at the Melbourne Show every year from 2pm till 11pm with $200 and the money lasts the whole day.
Note that I was being sarcastic.

$200 to go to the show? Now I know why it has been years since I last went to the Ekka. That sure is not value for money for me, would rather go to Dreamworld/Movie World for the day instead and get change from $100 after lunch.

$200 to go to the show? Now I know why it has been years since I last went to the Ekka. That sure is not value for money for me, would rather go to Dreamworld/Movie World for the day instead and get change from $100 after lunch.
I save that up over the months.

I planned to go this Friday, except im seriously conisdering not going. Its jusy way too much money to spend on useless crap. I'm better off putting the money in my bank account or buying something that would last, like cds or dvds.

^ Haven't you heard of saving? You save up during the year. That's what i do. I've got $50 saved up already for the Melbourne Show in September.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Haven't you heard of saving?
I'm better off putting the money in my bank account
LOL I think the point he was making though is that $100 or whatever is a bit much to waste on something like the show in his opinion. There is no question that he has the money to go, its just wether he wants to spend it on a bit of entertainment that lasts only a few hours.

I'm going this Thursday. If anyone wants to meet up then email me or contact me BEFORE Thursday. My email address is in my Profile.

Well if you were planning to buy the Maga Cop bag with your hard earned cash, your outa luck:

Showbag withdrawn amid pedophile fearsAAP 9 April 2007 A SHOWBAG containing a fluorescent police vest has been withdrawn from sale at the Easter Show amid fears pedophiles might use it to lure children. The top-selling Mega Cop bag contained the police vest, a baseball cap, sunglasses, baton and a toy gun. Showbag seller Joe Jonoski said he voluntarily removed it from sale following concerns people wearing the vest could be mistaken for policemen, News Ltd reported. He said the vest with “Police” printed across it was larger than in recent years and could fit an adult. “We were concerned that it could get into the wrong hands, like pedophiles,” Mr Jonoski said. “If little kids got lost they could have mistaken people wearing it for police officers.” He said the bag had been one of his biggest sellers.