Sign in to follow this  
smash210

Sea World's Relationship with othe parks?

4 posts in this topic

Hi I was just wondering if someone could explain to me the relationship between our Sea World here in Australia and the other Sea World parks around the world. Is it just the name that they share or are the part owned by one company? I’m just a little confused about the ownership of the Sea World brand. Thanks for you help.

According to Wikipedia our Sea World is not affiliated with SeaWorld in the U.S. - although who knows the accuracy of that Wikipedia article. I do know that our Sea World is owned by the same company that owns and operates Wet 'n' Wild and Movie World, though.

I'm not 100% sure about the theme park itself, but the seaworld rescue and marine biology research department is the same as what it is all around the globe. Our research department has a close bond with the US and department and often they call us for rescuers or we call them for some.

Seaworld is owned by Village Roadshow, along with Movieworld, Wet 'n' Wild, Paradise Country, and Australian Outback Spectacular. The Seaworld parks in America is owned by Busch (The company that makes Budwiser) who also own both Busch Gardens. They aren't now, and never have been connected with each other, and the only thing they share is the name. The parks do work together the same way all zoos work together, but there's nothing special beyond that.