Village Theme Park Survey

Brownie

So I just got an e-mail asking me to fill in a survey related to the Village theme parks. I filled it in, put in my two cents worth :). Did anyone else from here get it? Interesting questions on new rides considered for a Queensland theme park.

Edited by Brownie

Well, obviously people are going to want to hear the details on the sorts of attractions they are asking about.
I won't list the full details, but it mentioned a whale show, a quiz/game show, a new stunt show, a family water ride, a family ride, a thrill ride, an interactive movie and a few others. The survey for the most part was on value for money, packing deals and pricing points, and a new attraction that has been discussed on here at length.

OK, its not like its a secret or anything though, but thanks for that. I'm guessing they wanted to know peoples opinion of the halfpipe so any chance of posting what they wanted to know about that, I mean even staff have been negative about its placement, so it would be interesting to know what they are coercing out of the GP. The family water ride and thrill ride questions sound interesting too, what did they want to know about those ones?

Edited by Gazza

I just clicked the survey link in my Village Movie Club newsletter. If it's the same survey you are talking about, it is quite amusing. Seems like Village just want to find out how many people know WhiteWater World exists! :) * Can you recall the latest tourist attraction to be built on the Gold Coast in the last 12 months? * For the theme parks, can you recall the latest new ride to be built on the Gold Coast in the last 12 months? * For the water parks, can you recall the latest attraction that you are aware of on the Gold Coast in the last 12 months? My answer to all 3 was "WhiteWater World"! LOL. Plus Batwing for #2 as well. :) There is also this one: * A new water-rollercoaster is being considered for a Theme Park on the Gold Coast. Riders are placed in one of two cars on the train which resembles a giant surfboard. Each car is a free-spinning circle that holds six people. The track is essentially a giant, upright U and the surfboard is loaded at the bottom of the U. The propulsion accelerates the surfboard up both sides of the track up to a height of 20 metres. A typical ride consists of approximately five to six cycles of the train travelling through the U. This ride will be a wet ride, with the surfboard/train plowing through water jets. Based on this description, how appealing is this experience to you personally? So the half-pipe will be a wet ride after all!! (Sorry if that's been posted here, I haven't kept up to date on that one for a few days.) Another question asks which name you find most appealing: Surfrider Halfpipe Barrel rider Tube rider Pipeline Other More questions were: * Of the following list of Theme Parks, which would you expect to find this ride at? * If this ride was located at Wet’n’Wild would this change the level of appeal of the ride to you personally? * Of the following list of attractions, select the one that you would most like to experience the next time you visited Sea World on the Gold Coast? Whales show Hippopotamus’ Underwater Exhibit A family high speed water ride Interactive kids education and TV themed play area Giant Ferris Wheel More interactive animal experiences * Of the following list of attractions, select the one that you would most like to experience the next time you visited Movie World on the Gold Coast? A new movie stunt show A family ride Interactive kids education and TV themed play area A thrill ride Quiz show Interactive gaming zone Live Music events so that gives us some ideas about what Village are thinking about doing in the future to its theme parks.

The propulsion accelerates the surfboard up both sides of the track up to a height of 20 metres.
Only 20 metres? I swear that someone said we were getting a second-hand one from somewhere in Japan that was 30 metres... :S Edited by WnW_Rocks

Thanks andrewm, this is what i wanted to know, ta for being informative, it isnt often we get this sort of solid info about what they are doing. Firstly WnW_Rocks, The one in Japan was indeed 20m and with 2 six rider rings, but it wouldn't be that one simply because ours has the new type of track, but at least we know the model we are getting. I think everyone can stop complaining now, it sounds like a very unique water ride, and it is good that they have made an effort for it to fit in. All the names for it sound pretty bland though, I think the WWW style of naming could work better, its youthful and sticks in your head. But I think using the world "plowing" might sound a bit unappealing. But that sounds like a very interesting survey....is there a link you can send for those who don't get the newsletter (I changed my email so now i am unable to get it, really should sign up again...) as Im sure many want the parks to here our view. For SW, those choices all sound pretty good, Especially the Hippo Exhibit and the family high speed water ride (I'm guessing a water coaster from that description) The MW ones sound a bit less interesting, I guess because they are sort of generic ride types.

My answer to all 3 was "WhiteWater World"! LOL. Plus Batwing for #2 as well
But for question 2, WWW isn't a "ride", nor is it at one of the theme parks. Edited by Gazza