mattcrombie

New Sesame Street Land

17 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the past, but I found out from a source that Seaworld is in the process of getting rid of there Cartoon Network Kids area and it will be replaced by Sesame Street. There slowly taking away props and theming and merchandise is on sale to make way for Sesame street items. Expect it to open in time for September Holidays.

Edited by mattcrombie

I think they should just keep the Cartoon Network area and make an entire new kid's area. So people can have both - Cartoon Network Beach and Sesame Street.

There's a Sesame Street theme park in Pennsylvania, have a look guys - http://www.sesameplace.com/sesame/pa/index.aspx Of course it's a small parcel of land but maybe they could clone elements from the minor attractions. It would be good if the new area LOOKED like Sesame Street's set and didn't just replace the signs. I guess there isn't room for much in the way of facades though.

In my RACV mag i got today they say that Sesame Street Beach is opening this summer with a host of interactive rides, shows and attractions. And also they are saying that the eye will still be open in summer as well.

To elaborate on smash210, here is the whole thing:

Sea World, the most amazing world of all, is set to introduce Sesame Street Beach this coming summer! With a host of interactive rides, shows and attractions, Sesame Street Beach will be a fun interactive destination for the young and old alike! At Sesame Street Beach you can meet your favourite characters, check out the live shows daily and visit it the Sesame Street education centre where you can learn, explore and make new discoveries for hours on end.
Sounds pretty much like a nod to Wiggles World, especially the education centre. Time for a database entry. Edited by Gazza

Nooooo!!!! Cartoon network cant go!!!!!!!!!!! but...... lalalal lalalala elmos world DUN DUN DUN lalalala lalalala Elmos world! DUN DUN DUN! BRAINWASHING MUSIC.... MUST RESIST!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Went to Sea World today. Sesame Street theming is all finished - a little bit of cosmetic work to do behind the new stage. 3Yr old son and heir loved the new 'Bert and Ernie' show which was packed out for all three shows, Big Bird, Oscar, Elmo, etc singing, dancing and limboing with a bit of audience participation. Everything else is as it was, but with fresh paint and new theming throughout. The addition of Big Birds Bounce, the only real change to the area. Overall impression is good - though possibly not worth lowering the lower age limit of a child because of the 'enhanced area' (age limit has recently gone down to define non-paying child as under three, not three and under as it was previously).

Hi there. Went to Seaworld today and was pretty impressed at the new Sesame Street thing. I really liked the roof over the theatre. What do you guys think of it? It just seems to hang there.

Question even if bit late like few year's lol. What was the reason behind the change from cartoon network to the ever lame sesame street? Lost bit of it's charm me think's =s

Considering the popularity of Elmo, and other characters which still hold their popularity today, perhaps the Sesame Street image was more desirable, considering a lot of cartoon network characters (?powerpuff girls?) were not as recognisable, especially if the family doesn't have pay-tv? Just an opinion, but those are my thoughts on the issue.