Is it true or not?

Virus_126

yay my first thread well anyway I’m not sure if this is true or not but on Wikipedia it says in the dreamworld page that Captain Sturt Paddle Wheeler is getting a new show with the island set for development in early 2008 Rocky Hollow Log Ride: A reburbishment and retheming will occur in the next few years, with the layout changing Thunder River Rapids: Due to water restrictions, Dreamworld is considering the removal of the ride Vortex: It is marked for removal with plans to replace it with a new flatride, as yet unspecified.

Meh, don't believe half the things I see on Wikipedia... A while back on the MW page it said they were getting Wonderland's Space Probe... They got the 60m bit right at the least. :P The rapids are half-decent, but I doubt I'd miss them, and seeing though Gold Rush Town is declining fast it mightn't be a wise move, unless the replaced it with something even better! :)

Firstly, I'm not saying this would ever happen. This is just my thoughts on these topics. I don't think these would happen, cause it is wikipedia.

Captain Sturt Paddle Wheeler is getting a new show with the island set for development in early 2008
This could actually be a true 'rumor', why? Well as the rumors have been going around, that this new booster motorbike coaster that might be going in will have a section linking to the island. Maybe this development, could just be editing, the island for the coaster? While on this topic. What happened to the original show, why did they can it? And, I think a new show would add some much needed excitement to the attraction. It is very boring, super slow, and crap. I'd love to see the island set for development. It would be a good location for a new land, and a cool coaster sweeping around the island. Maybe they could theme it to a jungle theme. Kinda link it to Tiger Island, and have a coaster sweeping through the 'jungle', a flying coaster would be excellent for this? Or a Mississippi River and/or Americana theme to suit the Captain Sturt Paddle Wheeler attraction?
Rocky Hollow Log Ride: A refurbishment and retheming will occur in the next few years, with the layout changing
I really do think the Rocky Hollow area could do with a 100% full refurbishment. There isn't much there. And needs another ride/attraction to attract more people over that area of the park. Right now, I think about 70% of the parks peoples are in the Ocean Parade area. Having a refurbishment of the ride, with a new layout would be awesome. Maybe some more theming? Try aiming for The Claw's standard of theming?
Thunder River Rapids: Due to water restrictions, Dreamworld is considering the removal of the ride
The GoldRush area has, disappointedly, become terrible. As I've said before, you should not remove a ride, and not replace it (I'm talking bout Eureka Mine Ride). Seeing the removal of the Thunder River Rapids, would be a bad mistake of Dream World. And, if they were to do this. They may as well close off GoldRush. I will be very disappointed in Dream World if they do remove this and not replace it.

Surley you should all know by now that Dreamworld Management are not stupid, they wouldn't close an attraction just because they can, there would have to be some legit reason as to why it is closed. And just as to why the ride is closed. It has been discussed many times what could be wrong, and from what has been mentioned on here, it all just doesn't add up. You all have to think outside the square dudes, stop thinking mechanical, think structural. If you think logically, I believe you will find your answer as to what is happening to the Eureka Mine Ride.
Well ok what about that fake mountain the ride is in maybe it’s not safe or something

If you think logically, I believe you will find your answer as to what is happening to the Eureka Mine Ride.
LOL, I'm not that smart! But as for Wikipedia, while quite a lot of the information can be verified, just as much has to be taken with a bar of soap. I honestly think that if those things were to be substantial that there would be a few other sources suggesting this.

I don't think it needs to be mentioned again, but Wikipedia is able to be edited by anyone so often you can take claims like this with a grain of salt. Having said that, I found the reasoning given for the alleged removal of Thunder River Rapids as an interesting discussion point. If there were a genuine concern for water restrictions, the last thing they would have done is build a full-scale water park which sees far more water disappear each day through evaporation, spillage etc. than a ride like Thunder River Rapids would use. I'm of course speaking hypothetically, but this kind of justification would be - at best - a copout on management's part. Nothing more than an easy way to cut costs by removing a major ride and still look like the good guy by playing the 'water crisis' card. (T-bone's post regarding Eureka Mountain has been moved to the appropriate thread. He raised an interesting and valid point but this isn't the right topic for it.)