Matrix Exhibit - Closing!

tom

Hey guys, Was just reading Attraction Maintenance details on the Movie World website and it said that the Matrix Exhibit will be closed on the 1sth of April to make way for a new attraction. Anyone got any informatioin on what this might be? I'm guessing, another sort of 'movie' attraction, but from another movie (Obviously!). Just thought I'd point that out to you all! tom :)

Edited by tom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah hem... YES! FINALLY! wooo! wooooo! wooooooo! *running around room* WOOOOOOOOOOO! wonder what the attraction could be. Also, did anyone in the newspaper get a whole 3 pages about the WVTP? It had the 3 parks and the latest additions, rider reviews and a poster of the batwing. It also showed new postcards. Mum threw it out so i cant scan it and show you :(

*secretly hopes for a Happy Feet exhibit*
People actually went and saw that? From what I have heard it was quite crap. I quite enjoyed Finding Nemo, Shrek and The Incredibles, but what seems to be a musical with penguins does not really interest me. I can see it changing back into Harry Potter if there is a new movie coming out soon.

People actually went and saw that? From what I have heard it was quite crap. I quite enjoyed Finding Nemo, Shrek and The Incredibles, but what seems to be a musical with penguins does not really interest me. I can see it changing back into Harry Potter if there is a new movie coming out soon.
When i seen it as a preview i thought it looked crap. I seen TMNT last week and thought it was ok. Not as good as the 1st 2 though. I'm looking fwd to Shrek 3 and the Simpsons.

When i seen it as a preview i thought it looked crap. I seen TMNT last week and thought it was ok. Not as good as the 1st 2 though. I'm looking fwd to Shrek 3 and the Simpsons.
You saw it, not seen it LOL, eg I saw TMNT last week.... Shrek 3 will be good, but if the Simpsons movie is anything like the sorts of episodes we have been seeing over the past couple of years or so then I wont be impressed. I sort of forgot about TMNT as a possible theme they could use for an attraction though, and for some reason I keep thinking of it this sewer themed playzone even though its a silly idea. I for one though think this will be that Australian Idol attraction as I don't see it being popular enough with crowds to warrant renovating the main show stage. Edited by Gazza

People actually went and saw that? From what I have heard it was quite crap. I quite enjoyed Finding Nemo, Shrek and The Incredibles, but what seems to be a musical with penguins does not really interest me.
Fair enough it doesn't interest you, but Happy Feet was a huge success. It didn't do quite as well as Shrek or The Incredibles for instance (it wasn't off by far however), but it's one of the highest grossing Australian films in a long time. It had one of the best casts you could ever possibly see in an animation and critics regarded the CGI as some of the best to date. Given it was also a Village Roadshow production, securing everything necessary to produce a theme park attraction would be relatively easy.

The train from the harry potter exhibit is still there right? It would make sense to put Harry Potter back in the building as what is the point of the train there???
Wasn't that train just stolen from Southport and repainted? I can remember seeing it zoom up Smith Street on the back of a truck, and then hearing that people weren't expecting it to dissappear. Happy Feet was a pretty big movie in terms of Australian films, so it isn't fair to disregard its place in an Australian Movie Park. You never know though, how long roughly do you think it would take to refit an attraction like this? Also, has this stuff about Australian Idol been confirmed? Because anything Australian Idol related would be the most horrible idea I have ever heard of.

Well, MW seems to be shifting to the wider forms of entertainment, and not just WB movies (Rock my world concert, WB Kids TV show filming, Hi-5 star in your own video etc) I think the Idol thing is an interesting concept , after all MW is a place "where everyone is a star", its not exclusively movie related, but I think its too much to say it wouldn't fit in, its got the entertainment theme and that's enough. It seems like a good enough fill in attraction between large capital spends.

And you know, it wouldn't be the first time a theme park had a public version of a TV show. Take Who Wants To Be A Millionaire which was at Disney for ages. There's nothing wrong with such a thing - it's good fun and yeah, like Gazza said, keeps in the ideal of the place. I think it would be a really fun addition.

For the authentic sewer smell... they could get the staff members not to shower for 3 weeks and then get them to raise their arms up right in front of big industrial fans :P But seriously... I don't think a Idol attraction would suit Movie World, I would prefer something similar to Who Wants To Be a Millionaire or The Rich List but make all the questions Movie or Warner Bros. Related.