Matrix Exhibit - Closing!

tom

Yes its going, it was good for its day but keep watching for the next movie world master piece
Are you being sarcastic? I certainly hope so because the Matrix Exhibit was never 'good'. It was poor to say the least. And Spotty since when do armpits smell like a sewer? Maybe you should pay a visit to your GP and get that checked out

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you being sarcastic? I certainly hope so because the Matrix Exhibit was never 'good'. It was poor to say the least.
When I saw it the first time I got something out of it since I had enjoyed the Matrix films, the props from the films might have been a bit bland, but it looked quite cool and nicely done in there....if there were a ride attached it would have been an excellently themed queue line, in particular I liked that replica console from one of the ships. I think the main problem was that they let it keep going for too long, 12 months from the DVD release of the films should have been the most they kept it open for, beyond that and it becomes too dated. IMO it was a lost opportunity...a ride could have been built, so initially it would have ridden on the hype from the film, but once that had died down the ride would have built enough of a reputation in its own right to remain popular with guests. Instead they ran with a cheaper investment that has only gone downwards with popularity. Edited by Gazza

Agreed, good to see i going! If nothings changed since the third movie, WBMW cannot put in an Harry Potter exhibit, due to JK Rowling!!! There lucky that they still have the train there! Also the train is defiantly not from Southport!!! If an Aussie Idol atraction goes in it will be in the main theatre due to the amount of people visiting the Looney Tunes show! I personally think it will be fun getting up and duing some Karoke, or whatever it is they have have planned with it, if it even goes ahead!!! If the Simpons thing is true this might be where it is going, old matrix exhibit!!!!? I thought Happy Feet as well would be bad. My friend dragged me alnog to it, I thought that long about penguins dancing and singing would be a drag!!! Turned out to be a really fantastic movie! Felt like it only went for half and hour. It was really really good!!! I thought a Happy Feet ride could be an S&S Screamin Swing, called Happy Feet a Song and Dance!!! A song for the people screaming and a dance of people legs kicking in the air!!! except take a the feet rests and have a system like The Claws hydrolic floor!!! Play music like Hit Me Up, Rock This Party and music like that. Replace the old grave yard, move it somewhere else and renovate it, make it better!!! and put the Screamin Swing in its place!!! If they put the Aussie Idol thing in they should really promote where it is. Most people don't even know where the theatre is, or whats in it!!!

Edited by Original

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see the Matrix Exhibit go...It's well past its time. And in response to people's views on the movie, Happy Feet, personally it was not as good as I was expecting it to be. The CGI was absolutely fantastic, and the voices, and I'm glad to see that an Australian movie was so successful. But the plot of the movie I found to be quite confusing, baffling and in some scenes it seemed that the scriptwriters got tired and hired chimps to take over for them. But that's just my personal opinion, please, don't anyone take offense and become angry at me. As for the space that is now available, I would like to see the Wild West themed area of the park expand, as it has stayed relatively the same since it's opening. I love spending time in this area of the park, mostly due to the wonderful theming which MW has done, which has created a wonderful atmosphere of actually being in the Wild West. I'm not quite sur what they could transform it into, but I'm sure the creative people at WVTp can think of something...

I was thinking a walk through too. But not of one film. Like you're on a small train or something, and you go trough diffrent times of movies. eg. 1940 then 1950 ... etc And yeah, They're stages, not studios. Even where they do the filming, they call them "sound stages".

I would like to see the Wild West themed area of the park expand, as it has stayed relatively the same since it's opening
Actually that statement isn't correct. Movie World's Wild West area changed significantly when Wild West Falls was added some years ago. A large part of the Wild West area didn't even exist before this ride opened. When the ride was built they expanded the area quite significantly. But yes I'd be happy to see it grow further with a large wooden coaster

Hey! That was boring to! Had to wait like 1.5hrs to ride that thing.
No offence... but you're very hard to please aren't you? I can understand your frustration at lining up an hour and a half but it's still a great ride & you're always going to have to queue for fairly lengthy periods at times. I think a movie ride would work well if it was well done and had an interesting selection of movie scenes to travel through. At least then the park would have a backlot tour-style attraction albeit one that took place in the one building. As much as I love all the thrill rides, something like my idea would help bring more of the Hollywood On The Gold Coast theme back.