Wonderland Sydney 7-9-03. Photo Update

Flea

Hello everyone, I took some photos on the weekend, using a cheap little disposable camera (my digital camera is currently in repair). So forgive me if the photos are not of very good quality! Now you've all heard about the new "Mardi Gras" approach to Transylvania's buildings. Transylvania was once a dark and gloomy land (the experience was even better on a cloudy day), these paintings have totally wrecked the "scary" appearence. Now onto the photos... 001.jpgCrappy food, Crappy colours 002.jpgA newly painted dining area, and two awesome water jets! 003.jpgWhile I still prefer the old look the CocaCola Cool Zone once offered, this one does look pretty cool (See old look here) 004.jpg005.jpgTrainless Demon. Outside the park, you'll find two, absolutely massive buildings. This is apparently the "Wonderland Business Park". It's hard to describe how massive these buildings really are, but I'll try to put it into words by showing you some pictures! 007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg Thanks for reading, ~Flea

I must admit, what they've done to Transylvania I really don't mind, but I've always been big on theme parks being bright and colourful. I know the theme has changed - it's less of an intimidating, delapadated "scary" as it a friendly, cartoony "scary", but I think it works well for Wonderland. As for the buildings - the first is undeniably a stock warehouse, presumably the Woolworths one we've heard about in the past. Crazy Clarks (or one of the equally cheap variations) built something similar out at the Port of Brisbane last year for storage before distribution and it, like this one, was truly huge. The Business Park is certainly not what I believe was originally invisaged back a few years ago, and I'd be lying if I said that it looks like a great development. :D

Nice pics Flea. You'll have to make sure you get some of The Beach and Super Hero Headquarters when they open. I agree with Richard regarding the new colours in Transylvania... I quite like them. I think Goldrush needs a bit of a repaint next. I know it's supposed to look old and rustic but some of the signs and facades have almost totally faded away. I drove past the other day and noticed The Beach tower. It is looking good and almost looks brand new. I have to say even if Wonderland does not open a new attraction for the coming season, at least they have performed some great presentation maintenance. Also, with the opening of the huge new retail section soon, it should be a good summer!