SCOPE: Waterpark Science

WalleyWorld

About 2 days ago I was watching t.v, when I switched to channel 10 and noticed that "Scope" was doing a show all about waterpark science, and you guessed it at WHITE WATER WORLD!! :D . For those people who don't know what "Scope" is, it's a childrens science show, and has some really really chessey jokes in it. However, some of the terminology that they used to describe how the waterslides worked, I couldn't even understand! Now here is my problem: the show goes for 21mins and is 106mb :blink: . It was 2.5gb before, becuase I got it straight off the t.v, but I decresed the size and quality (but it is better than you tube quality). I have also zipped it! I can't upload the video onto this website, because the upload limit for one item is 10mb. I could upload it onto you-tube, but would that decrease the quality of the video even more? And can I just upload it in one go, or will I have to split it into 2 videos (e.g: Part1, Part2)? Either way I'll try to get it onto the net!!!, and if you have any other Ideas about to get it up onto the net OR how to decrease the size, (I would think that you guys don't want to be spending 100mb, just onto one video), this would be helpfull! Thanks, CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

I found the CSIROs page on it at http://www.csiro.au/scope/episodes/e61.htm for those who are interested, I guess youtube would be fine for those who would want to see it, Youtube handles TV uploads fine, but since it goes for 21 mins you would need a directors account, or would have to split it into chunks (3 since 10mins is the limit) Today is a great day for copyright and the YouTube TOS.

GigaSize should meet your needs. The quality of YouTube is horrible (and yes if you upload a high quality video to YouTube it will reduce the video's quality); its major selling point is the fact that you can start watching videos instantly on any plantform with a single click. Edited by Adam

You can try Div Share (www.divshare.com). Its free and I think the restriction on file size is 250mb and it doesn't decrease quality. No need to sign up either. Or you can try Vimeo (www.vimeo.com), which you have to sign up for, but only takes a second and Vimeo features a nice integrated player. I use it a lot, well I use both a lot for TAFE projects.

Thanks, for the help. It should be ready by today, mabey after lunch and I'm either going to be using Gigasize OR Divshare. EDIT: I'm keep on trying to upload the video onto Divshare, but the upload keeps on stopping/corrupting. I think I'll just use Youtube. CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8