White Water World new 2007 Expansion

mattcrombie

• 1 month later...

2 New slides opened today at White Water World. Little Rippers is the first dueling cannon bowl water ride in the world to turn in opposite directions, one clockwise and the other anti-clockwise to create the "duelling" effect. Most significant is the "centre-core corkscrew exit" - this ground breaking technology and design creates a safe, smooth and consistent rider motion through the centre of the bowl and into the plunge pool. Im not sure on the other 1. The shell Function Centre will open next week.

Nope it's definitely open, rode them yesterday! They've got signage and all, maybe it's not a 'big enough' ride to advertise? Didn't excite me that much...
Considering the small size of WhiteWater World, the park should be advertising ANY new attraction. Besides, 2 new duelling cannon bowls is still a significant addition

Whitewater World has updated their website: http://www.whitewaterworld.com.au/content/...W_LittleRippers rides_lr_logo.jpg

Experience the twin rush on WhiteWater World's newest ride - The Little Rippers - Australia’s first duelling cannon bowls. NOW OPEN! Unlike ‘The Rip’, WhiteWater World’s current behemoth bowl, The Little Rippers utilises singular and two man tubes, rather than the four man cloverleaf tubes. This allows for the creation of smaller tunnels, delivering larger levels of speed into the barreling bowls. The Little Rippers is the first duelling cannon bowl water ride in the world to turn in opposite directions, one clockwise and the other anti-clockwise to create the "duelling" effect. Most significant is the "centre-core corkscrew exit" - this ground breaking technology and design creates a safe, smooth and consistent rider motion through the centre of the bowl and into the plunge pool. Go head-to-head with your mates on the Little Rippers and see who is flushed out first!
Style of Ride: 2 x Duelling Cannon Bowls - Extreme CrossWater 2 and 1 Person Tubing Technology Ride Capacity: 500 riders per hour Height: Off a tower 13.25m Diameter/Width: Enclosed flume = 1.37 metres, Bowl = 12.2 metres Number of slides: Three Method of riding: Single and double tubes Riding position: Double - seated one behind the other Max. Weight: Single tube 113 kgs Max. Weight: Double tube 181 kgs Height Restriction: Min. 120cm Claim to fame: Australian first duelling cannon bowls World's first duelling cannon bowls to turn in opposite directions

• 2 weeks later...

To my surprise they have actually made the effort and updated the interactive park map on the WhiteWater World website. It now includes the Little Rippers and the Shell function venue. I'm glad they did this as I thought it would be one of those things that gets neglected - especially seeing as though it requires animation. I think it was worth the effort as it looks quite good and makes the park look just that little bit bigger