Soaked OR Wild

WalleyWorld

I'm pretty sure that people have talked about this topic before, but I want to know which one to get?I can't find Soaked anywhere, but JB-HiFi has Wild. (Wild is only $30 so I will be bying it soon.) Some questions I want to ask: 1. What are the main differences between the 2. (apart from one being waterpark and the other being a ZOO) :rolleyes: 2. What are the new rollercoasters and rides that come in each expansion? 3. Which one has the most scenery/themeing? 4. Do any off them have a intamin Launch coaster, motor-coaster or a Euro-Fighter - like Mystery Mine? 5. Can you make billboards on Wild? I think I've got more questions, but If anybody could answer these questions this would be good, thanks: CoAsTeRbOy8

Another thing I was thinking about is to get NoLimits. Has anybody got NoLimits here? It seems to be the realest rollercoaster simulator out there! QUESTION: 1. Can you theme your rides you make on NoLimits, like on RCT3? 2. Is it harder to use than RCT3? If so, does it come with it's own help? 3. Do they include: Intamin launch coasters, Motor-coaster, Euro-fighter? If anybody can help me out with these questions, including my first post, that would be GREAT!!! :D Thanks, CoAsTeRbOy8

NL is more a ride simulator than a park simulator... 1. You can theme them, although it is much more difficult IMO and you usually have to make the theming yourself, unless you can find some on the internet floating around. 2. Yes, I think it's definitely harder than RCT3 as you have to completely 'sculpt' the track, not just pick pre-defined pieces. It's definitely much more accurate, but time consuming, and requires patience. 3. If you buy NL Coaster v1.6, it includes Euro-Fighters, Vekoma Motorbikes, and Intamin Hyper Coasters which you can add a LIM Launch. As far as I know, there isn't a launch coaster with Intamin's new OSTR's. Hope that helps you out, I highly recommend NL, although try the demo first. It's significantly harder to get the hang of compared to RCT3.

Yeah, I have it, 1) Yes you can....the game comes with trees and terraforming, so you can do nice hills, lakes and wooded areas. But if you want to do RCT3 style stuff then you have to import 3DS objects (3DS is the format used by 3D studio max) Basically that means you have to model your own objects. I think there are places where you can download them, but there aren't comprehensive theming sets like in RCT3. 2) Yes, definitley. Most of your time is spent placing nodes in 3D space, and using bezier handles to tweak the curves, hills etc of your track. And then adjusting banking angles ,Its nothing like RCT. The games does however come with 2 sets of premade elements, which you can just plonk in to your tracks (you can adjust the scale, mirror them etc) which is useful if you dont know how to make certain elements. And then after that you have to place footers and support nodes on your track, and then link them together to make your support structures.(The program has an inbuilt utility that generates wooden support structures automatically so don't stress out about them) Also, there is a free addon program you can get called "elementary" which has wizards where you just drum in a few numbers and it makes elements for you which you can then use. Basically, you have to throw everything you ever knew about coaster design in RCT3 out the window, you have to worry about things like making your track smooth with nicely shaped elements, making sure your G forces are in check. However the results put RCT3 to shame, and you can make some really realistic stuff. There are sites out there like www.coastersims.com where you can download tracks, so you can have fun just riding what others have made. And yes, help comes with the game, it has all you need to know and a tutorial for how to make a basic coaster. 3)You can make Intamin launch coasters by just using the Hyper Coaster and putting a lauch at the start...but the other two you mentioned come with the game. Also, with your first post, I'd get Soaked since making water parks is more fun than zoos, Billboards come with it, I don't know many of the new rides since I got both games as a package, but I think a Wipe out Style ride, a Perilous Plunge type ride, a better river rapids with 12 passenger boats and a natural looking channel, a half pipe coaster, a roller soaker and a gyro swing with outward facing seats are just a few of the new rides. On top of that you get all the main water park rides like master blasters, body slides, tornados, bowls, lazy rivers, wave pools, mammoth slides etc. As for themes, I think Atlantis and Underwater were some of them, but you get other cool new stuff like fog, smoke, and fire machines, laser and water shows to name a few.

Thanks, everybody for the tips. However, the problem is that I can't get my hands on Soaked, and only on Wild. UNLESS, I get the platinum RCT3 at Dick Smith, which is $70 for RCT3 and the 2 expansion packs <_< . Personnally I don't think it's worth it, mabey I'll try on ebay!! So from what I have gathered, from people that have posted in this thread, is that Soaked has got much better themeing and ride effects, and Wild! has got some really good rides. And then there is NoLimits that craps all over RCT3 but does not have much themeing. So in my case I want some good themeing, that i don't have to design and some really good rollercoasters!!! So I would be looking at getting either Soaked , Wild OR NoLimits - I THINK I MIGHT JUST GET THEM ALL!!!!!! Grrrrrrr. :angry: Thanks, CoAsTeRbOy8