instead of this bike thing.

TOT

yeah but itd kind of take off the edge of the batwing. the batwing is really the only new thing at movieworld ( the superman ride isnt that new anymore).. so the people that want to go to movieworld for batwing, could go to dreamworld and get the same thing. ah heck, im blabbering. :P lol.

well, i saw on these forums that they said that 740,000 people are flooding tough the gates per year. assuming that 3/4 of them are adults, which they probably are (above 12 anyway), 555,000x62= 34.41mill and how much are the kids prices? 44 or something? assuming that they are, 185,000x44=8.14mill 34.41 + 08.14 ------- 42.55mill. wow i can do basic maths. hooray! lol anyway moving on. in order for the profits to be rolling in, i think that they should up their annual 6.1 million spending by 3.9 million, this would easily create a new thrill ride every year, or a major thrill ride every two years, and it would only cut their profits by an estimated 8%. theyre still getting $32.55 million a year, which would probably rise, given the new rides that they would offer. anyway, the extra money could fund this new tower and the new tower would most probably steal some of the movie world goers, and therefore increase their profit margin further than it had been before they had upped the annual spending. i know im going off topic but i have nothing better to do. so i think that they *should* waste more money on a drop ride, because in my opinion, the giant drop was the best ride there. please tell me if none of it makes sense and im sure its all been said before but yeah... hooray!

So what do we get out of having a ride exactly the same as one down the road? Absolutely nothing other than a different view from the top. It's not even worth arguing about! There is absolutely nothing to be gained from building an identical attraction in a neighbouring park - one ride doesn't massively sway attendances unless its a major attraction - and the Scream / Batwing towers really aren't. You said it best - 'waste' money on another drop ride. They already have two, why do they need another one? Why not diverse and get something different and new - hmmm.... like a Booster Bike hey? Your calculations fail to take into account any profits from food and merchandising, and they also neglect the fact that Mac Leisure is a publicly owned company. The number one goal of a publicly listed company is to produce dividends for its shareholders for the least expenditure - it's not as simple as saying "let's up that by 3.9mil" because that means 3.9mil this year that's not in shareholders' pockets.

Yeah, Id say its a pretty stupid idea.

i think thaqt instead of this bike thing that theyre putting in they should put in something like this:
For starters, you are saying they should build this instead of the Motorbike coaster, you make it sound as if they could just tell the manufacturer to stop fabricating the ride (This would be getting done right now off site, if not already) and then get a Space Shot ride instead. Thats a bit like going to a car dealer, ordering a car with all your own options and colours, and then on the day of delivery saying "nah, I want a different one instead". Keep in mind, that it takes at least a whole year from first ordering a ride to it actually being finished and operational. So even if somehow DW was able to break their contract with Intamin for the Motorbike coaster and order a Space Shot, it would not be open until April 2008, and by then plenty of people would have ridden Batiwng and it wouldn't be a new thing any more.
i know they have the giant drop but i think that they could make better use of the tower.
That wouldn't work either, Space shot rides have completely different internal systems, and it would be very difficult, if not impossible to refit Dreamworld Tower into a space shot.
yeah but itd kind of take off the edge of the batwing. the batwing is really the only new thing at movieworld ( the superman ride isnt that new anymore).. so the people that want to go to movieworld for batwing, could go to dreamworld and get the same thing.
I don't really get what you would be trying to achieve, why would you not want people to go to MW? I mean, if both parks have the same thing, then what makes you think people would automatically change their mind and visit DW to ride the same thing? What would they gain? There would be a lot of people who would have already ridden Batwing, and if DW opened one then these people probably wouldn't bother visiting DW for it since they have already been on the same sort of ride. Now, when the Motorbike Coaster opens, that would be something completely new so people who would not visit for just the same old Space Shot ride would visit for a new roller coaster. Also, if they built the same ride, It would be very difficult to market, for example they couldn't say stuff like "an Australian first" or "The only one of its kind on the Gold Coast" Now, we actually already have an example of this sort of situation, with Tornado and Green Room. They are both the same ride, but White Water Worlds opened second. Has it done much in its own right to sway attendances away from Wet 'n' Wild? Not at all! (Though I might add this wasn't an intentional situation)
well, i saw on these forums that they said that 740,000 people are flooding tough the gates per year.
Thats actually every half year, so all your calculations are wrong.
in order for the profits to be rolling in, i think that they should up their annual 6.1 million spending by 3.9 million, this would easily create a new thrill ride every year, or a major thrill ride every two years, and it would only cut their profits by an estimated 8%.
Hmm an 8% reduction in the profit forecast would go down well. I noticed that your strategy only includes thrill rides and major thrill rides, remember though thrill riders aren't the only ones that visit theme parks.
please tell me if none of it makes sense and im sure its all been said before but yeah... hooray!
Trust me, it doesn't. I have some questions though: -Why would you pass up a new roller coaster for the same old ride? -Would your idea make more money for DW in the end? -Why is it better to "steal" a few visitors from a competitor with an identical ride than to attract new visitors with a unique ride. -You haven't emailed this idea to DW have you? Edited by Gazza