Knex Rollercoaster Project 07

WalleyWorld

Ok, I'm going to be making a Knex rollercoaster using the SS and R'n'R sets. I'm thinking of doing a Intamin Gigacoaster, something like (like

) or a intamin launch coaster (like superman escape). Actually if I do a launch coaster I'll probably do a recreation of SE. Now, the problem is I've only got 2 sets, 1 screamin' serpent and 1 Rip'n'Rocket :blink: . I can asure you this is not going to build much! But for the spports I might be using this type of concept, rather than the boxy type supports that use up all of the parts! I have built a custom launch rollercoaster before, with just using the Rip'n'Rocket set and the boosters. It was bacically a recreation of Stealth at thorpe park except it had a high G-Force, overbanked turn that led into the station.However, I ran out of pieces just after I finished the overbank. Down the bottom are some pictures!! So what will it be: Intamin Gigacoaster OR Intamin Hydralic Launch Coaster????? (If you have any other suggestions on other coaster types, feel free to post it up.) THANKS, CoAsTeRbOy8 P.S: How would I make a cable launch??? :huh: Edited by Coaster Boy 8

Well im interested :rolleyes: What is a giga coaster? I would like to see one so i think you should make that one, i mean how many people have made recreations of superman escape although it would also be good to see the recreations r getting old. i love knex coasters ive neva made one but i would love to !! Could any one post a link to a video or foto of a giga coaster or just tell an example so i can look it up? thanx

Technically speaking a Giga Coaster is one which is over 300 ft high, so its basically only Millennium Force at Cedar Point and Steel Dragon 2000 at Nagashima Spa land. Though building something like this to scale would be impossible with the amount of k'nex you have. Im guessing the sort of style you mean is a Mega Coaster, basically rides that dont go upside down, but have plenty of speed and airtime as Churros said. My suggestion would be for a Rocket Coaster type ride using the orange booster things horizontally. (dont bother trying to make a cable launch, way too hard!) In terms of the style, I think a layout like Furius Baco would be cool, no need for a big support structure, just lots of low to the ground twists and turns, with a barrel roll thrown in for good measure.

i mean how many people have made recreations of superman escape
Nobody ever has. Edited by Gazza

Hey, guys thanks for you comments!! Unfortunately, the rollercoaster is not going to be built yet, probably next school holidays. I'm sorry for this, but my school gives alot of homework, and I don't get much "own time" on the weekends. I was looking at your comments Gazza, and thought that it would be a pretty good idea. Mostly, because I don't have much K'nex to build it with and because you can do alot of good elements with a lauch coaster. The only problem with this is, is the boosters. If I use the R'n'R boosters then ONLY the R'n'R car can launch through them. This means that the coaster will be operrating only with a 1 carrige train (very un-realistic ;) ). That is why I might use a rubber band launch, or something of this nature! I haven't really decided about which type of coaster I'm going to build yet, but I have an Idea. What if I combine the 2 types togethor. E.g: make it a Giga coaster (tall lift hill, step drop, over-banked curves), but add Launch coaster elements to it (Top Hat, Inversions - In-line twists, vertical loops). OR Vice Versa. So come back to this thread in a couple months, when I'm on holidays, and I'm sure I'll be ready to start building. The topic will not be completly dead, cuase I'll try and post up a drawn plan off what the coaster is going to look like. Please be considerate with my situation, cuase I want to focus on my school work more than a toy. HOWEVER, IT WILL BE DONE!!!!! Thanks, CoAsTeRbOy8