Name our Tiger Cubs Competition

WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY TO THE GOLD COAST VALUED AT OVER $10,000! Dreamworld is going wild about our new Sumartan Tiger Cubs and to help us celebrate we are giving you the chance to name one of these beautiful Tiger Cubs. The winner of this competition will get a 7 Day Family holiday to the Gold Coast (2 x adults & 2 x children aged 4 - 13 years) to meet these beautiful creatures up close and personal. The prize includes: • Return Flights from your nearest Capital City • 6 nights accomodation in Surfers Paradise • Car Hire for 7 Days • 2 Day Family World Pass to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World (2 x adults & 2 x children aged 4 - 13 years) • Tiger Cub Experience - where the family will have the rare opportunity to get up close and personal with Dreamworld's brand new Tiger Cubs. (age restrictions apply) • Tiger Photo for the entire family (age restrictions apply) • An exclusive behind the scenes tour of Dreamworld's new Cub Enclosure and Tiger Island • $500 Tiger Merchandise Pack • Souvenir Certificate with the winners name and a special plaque to be presented on the family's arrival to Dreamworld Click here to go into the draw to win this fantastic prize.

Actually isn't wasn't from another site. I received the email from DW.
Well, this is what is off the DW website, and it is exactly the same.
WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY TO THE GOLD COAST VALUED AT OVER $10,000! Dreamworld is going wild about our new Sumartan Tiger Cubs and to help us celebrate we are giving you the chance to name one of our gorgeous baby girls. The winner of this competition will get a 7 Day Family holiday to the Gold Coast (2 x adults & 2 x children aged 4 - 13 years) to meet these beautiful creatures up close and personal. The prize includes: * Return Flights from your nearest Capital City * 6 nights accomodation in Surfers Paradise * Car Hire for 7 Days * 2 Day Family World Pass to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World (2 x adults & 2 x children aged 4 - 13 years) * Tiger Cub Experience - where the family will have the rare opportunity to get up close and personal with Dreamworld's brand new Tiger Cubs. (age restrictions apply) * Tiger Photo for the entire family (age restrictions apply) * An exclusive behind the scenes tour of Dreamworld's new Cub Enclosure and Tiger Island * $500 Tiger Merchandise Pack * Souvenir Certificate with the winners name and a special plaque to be presented on the family's arrival to Dreamworld
IMO its ok to post this sort of stuff if people are going to talk about ("Hey, i think they should name the tiger cubs ____ and ____") But if its purely for informing others than it is not really necessary since everyone gets the DW newsletter (or can easily sign up if they want to find out about DWs offers etc) or can visit the DW website themselves. I know you mean well, but its not really needed by anyone. Edited by Gazza

If you don't like the threads Gazza simply don't read them. I personally don't receive the Newsletter and don't check the DW website so his posts are informing me of stuff, granted I could sign up for the newsletter but he's not hurting anyone by posting so let the guy be. If you don't like it, don't read it, simple.

Well, this is what is off the DW website, and it is exactly the same. IMO its ok to post this sort of stuff if people are going to talk about
Dude get a life and chill out will ya :rolleyes: When you make a thread you don't know if anyone will post. Also who cares if it's the same as the web site. I don't go to the web site unless it's nearly time for my trip or if i want some info. 99.99% of my DW information is from the newsletter. EDIT : Did you really need to copy the whole post? Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Dude get a life and chill out will ya rolleyes.gif
I thought I was being reasonable and diplomatic though, its not like I was getting agro or insulting, just giving my thoughts.
Also who cares if it's the same as the web site.
well one individual is http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/stand...?name=Copyright
EDIT : Did you really need to copy the whole post?
Yes because I was showing that people can just read it off the website so it doesnt need to be copied and pasted here as a slab.
granted I could sign up for the newsletter
Why dont you? In the past you have commented on the high cost of living at present, and defended (quite rightly) those in search of discounts. Since the newsletter often contains discounts it would be useful for you to recieve. My logic is that if people dont frequent the DW website and arent signed up to the newsletter, then they wouldn't particularly care about what DWs offers are, hence they wouldnt really be interested in the same stuff being copied onto here either.
he's not hurting anyone by posting so let the guy be.
Well, people have found it annoying, does that count?
If you don't like it, don't read it, simple.
Thats a bit like saying e-mail spam is ok in your inbox because if you dont like it you dont have to read it. I just dont see why the forums need to be an extension of DW Rulz's email account and we need to get every single thing that arrives in there about BB or DW or whatever copied straight on to here, i mean, write something of your own. Edited by Gazza

I'm not signed up to the newsletter because my brother and sister are so whatever discounts they send out in them I'll still get them but I haven't bothered with them because DW Rulz posts the updates here so it saves my inbox from more stuff and it saves me time checking the dw site. Every time he writes something of his own you usually come in and say it's either too short or it's just crap any way. He can't really win with you so he may as well post something that others will read. Maybe people don't want to sign up for the newsletter because they already have enough junk in their email as it is? maybe it's just easier to come into his threads since said person is already on this site? Forums were invented to chat, chatting is done by posting, posting is what he is doing. Lighten up. Next you'll be complaining that he shouldn't have what suburb he is from because it's not safe to do so online. So let's get this topic going since you said it's ok to post these type of thing's if there is some chatter about it...what do you think they should call the cubs, Gazza?

Edited by lisalila

only 1. YOU
What about Willsy?
Every time he writes something of his own you usually come in and say it's either too short or it's just crap any way. He can't really win
Well then dont post crap! Also your exaggerating a bit there, I mean its good when he writes trip reports or insights/tips from his knowledge of the parks. I havent said anything for ages.
Maybe people don't want to sign up for the newsletter because they already have enough junk in their email as it is? maybe it's just easier to come into his threads since said person is already on this site?
Well, you proved my point just then. You said people might find these extra offers as more junk to put up with, well having them here is just junk all over again. Also, I think this is all a bit hypocritical, someone posted about the Starburst BB competition and the first thing DW rulz said was that "This is old, its already been on behindBB etc...", well right here he is doing the same thing by copying stuff you can easily already get.
So let's get this topic going since you said it's ok to post these type of thing's if there is some chatter about it...what do you think they should call the cubs, Gazza?
Well, I'm hoping for something people can relate to fairly easily. Too often you find out zoo animals get given this pretentious sounding exotic name, so something a bit more conventional would be a nice change.

• 4 weeks later...