Is Dreamworld going downhill?

Chaos-Maniac

Oh yeah I see your point, Maynia in MAY..wow..original..what would you have called it?? it's original as Screamworld...cause you know Dreamworld is a so many worlds of fun park and you scream on most of the rides..
Dreamworld is going extremely downhil lately. They should just give up while behind.

• 1 month later...

Chaos Maniac, In what ways do you feel Dreamworld is going downhill? I'm interested to hear. I mean, they have just spent 60mill approx on a new Waterpark, they brought Flowrider last year, and introduced Nightmares on Boxing Day, and not to mention the new Roller Coaster, I mean the theming leaves alot to be desired but recent additions have had good theming (i.e Claw, Wiggles World). So is there something else that is upsetting you? Also the nighttime events can't be bad for the park, as it is popular with guests, is successful and produces more income for the park to spend on improvements. But thats just my views, but I am very interested in hearing your opinions.

He's upset because there aren't enough roller coasters. In other words, he needs an excuse to complain about Dreamworld because he is sick of it. They aren't behind (actually, they are in front). Yes, you have a right to an opinion, but I think you should have some evidence to suggest they are going "downhill" before you make such a radical statement. On topic, It's really sad that the GCCC has decided to cancel this event. I think it would have been a lot of fun and very unique to what Movie World are pulling out. I think it's awesome to see parks opening at night more (Eg. Wet'N'Wild, Movie World Nights, Dreamworld Nights). It would be great to see them opening on a regular basis at night in the not too distant future. Edited because I realised I used the word "great" 3 times in one paragraph.

Edited by myk

He's upset because there aren't enough roller coasters. In other words, he needs an excuse to complain about Dreamworld because he is sick of it. They aren't behind (actually, they are in front). Yes, you have a right to an opinion, but I think you should have some evidence to suggest they are going "downhill" before you make such a radical statement. On topic, It's really sad that the GCCC has decided to cancel this event. I think it would have been a lot of fun and very unique to what Movie World are pulling out. I think it's awesome to see parks opening at night more (Eg. Wet'N'Wild, Movie World Nights, Dreamworld Nights). It would be great to see them opening on a regular basis at night in the not too distant future. Edited because I realised I used the word "great" 3 times in one paragraph.
Umm. No actually. Why don't you find out the real reasons first?! And. Just so you know. I don't care bout the roller-coasters. I actually like The Claw more and Giant Drop. So, Cut down!
Chaos Maniac, In what ways do you feel Dreamworld is going downhill? I'm interested to hear.
Spotty, I understand Dreamworld have recently added Nightmares, White-Water World and Flow-Rider. However. Movie World has recently added Superman Escape and Batwing while keeping the park up-to scratch. Dreamworld has added Flow-Rider [in my mind... boring!], Nightmares.. which to me, doesn't sound to amazing. Also, I understand Thunderbolt may have been crap. But, they demolished it and haven't replace it. Also, the Eureka Mine Ride, I understand that's under-maintenance. But, what the heck is happening with it? Ethier way. I'm entitled to my thoughts. And thats what I think. Like it or not.

Umm. No actually. Why don't you find out the real reasons first?! And. Just so you know. I don't care bout the roller-coasters. I actually like The Claw more and Giant Drop. So, Cut down!
Giant Drop isn't a roller coaster :wacko: Though, one thing I might point out, I prefer MW to DW because MW has better roller coasters (and that is a fair enough reason to prefer them IMO), but I wont get sidetracked much further in to that now.
I mean, they have just spent 60mill approx on a new Waterpark, they brought Flowrider last year, and introduced Nightmares on Boxing Day, and not to mention the new Roller Coaster
I dunno why people keep citing WWW as an addition to DW, its like saying MW is better because of AOS. They are all separate attractions, and It would have been MLTs call to build the water park, not DW. To put it another way, If i were to go and spend $62 on a day pass to DW how would the presence of WWW make my day better? I think the thing that has worried people about DW is that all they have really done in terms of major attractions is put in a flat ride and a kids dark ride, and since then, just temporary/up charge attractions. We haven't seen anything really ground breaking from DW compared to the competition. The extended closure of Eureka has also been a worry. And as spotty has said, there are quality issues with the park that cheapen the experience. Now news of this new Accelerator is definitely positive, and I would have been worried had this not been happening, so now the parks future looks a bit better.

I think the thing that has worried people about DW is that all they have really done in terms of major attractions is put in a flat ride and a kids dark ride, and since then, just temporary/up charge attractions. We haven't seen anything really ground breaking from DW compared to the competition. The extended closure of Eureka has also been a worry.
Exactly, couldn't agree more! Gazza you have a skill for articulating what other people are trying to say Edited by GoGoBoy

I think the thing that has worried people about DW is that all they have really done in terms of major attractions is put in a flat ride and a kids dark ride, and since then, just temporary/up charge attractions. We haven't seen anything really ground breaking from DW compared to the competition. The extended closure of Eureka has also been a worry.
My point exactly. Thanks. You took the words right out of my mouth. :o
Giant Drop isn't a roller coaster :wacko:
I know that.... :blink:

LOL sorry, I thought you had said "I don't care about the roller-coasters. I actually like The Claw more than the Giant Drop. So, Cut down!" But I dont blame you, I feel the same way since DWs coasters dont have a whole lot to love about them. Perhaps "downhill" is the wrong choice of words for describing DW, its more that they have "stagnated". I think a lot of people would miss the 90s when rides like GD and TOT were ground breaking for their time, and the park still had good/ well maintained theming, and some of those classic attractions like the bush ranger show and the bush jamboree, and the park was free of a lot of the "junk for sale" and tacky additions like the boats in the main fountain. People seem to hold this hope about the place, saying "once TB goes they can build a ..... or "once they demolish blue lagoon they can...." or "once BB finishes up they could use the space for....". But in reality, what are the odds of any of this happening? I think one thing that gives the park a bit of charm to a lot of people is this untapped potential and that it may eventually flourish into this perfect aussie park (Forumuser123;"I mean if they just gave it a bit of paint, added a couple of rides etc etc etc")...Im a bit more focused on the present though and see how the parks are now.

Edited by Gazza

...hopefully they will get rid of those red seat covers and bring back the yellow color...
Couldn't agree with you more! I thought it looked so much better with the yellow covers, it's not something that has to be done, but it would be a nice suprise! :P BTW has any construction started on the new 'coaster'?

I don't think the yellow seats will be back anytime soon. From what I remember of Space Probe, yellow seats tended to show all the dirt and crap left on the seats by guests, as well as from the elements. The yellow ones didnt last long, and the red ones obviously last longer simply because they don't "seem" to be as dirty as the yellow ones. I rode Claw not long after opening and the yellow seats were already showing signs of "dirty"-ness.

Yeh the seats were originally red but during 2002 we took them off and sent them to Queensland and had them dipped in a black foam bath which set hard. The red ones were becoming grimy with sweat etc etc and the foam was also breaking up, man they were really tough to get off and on - so many bolt holes. Edit: My post is related to AlexB RE Space Probe seats

Edited by djsupersleuth

Huh? Im confused, when have the seats been yellow? I had a look at a pic from when the ride first opened and the seats are orange.
Yeah, that's what I meant, my bad, the OSTR's were yellow... Close I guess. :P I think it looked way better like that, definitely! Edited by WnW_Rocks

I agree.........Dreamworld should not longer be called a Themepark, because the Themeing is not existent. All the original Themed area have gone to rack and ruin due to Dreamworlds management lack of a maintenance budget. The old Gold Rush country which was the best Themed in the park has gotten to the point where they've had to close the coaster because they could no longer throw minimal maintenance money at it. There theory now is if they put up a couple of signs and paint building different colours this is Themeing as they have done for the Wiggles World and WWW. All the Nickeloden area is a bunch of old rides and buildings repainted with a couple of Nick characters added to make it into a new area. MLOL are really prefecting the art of making money at the expense of the maintaining what is in the park. All the new attractions have a short life span to repay the initial investment and once they have returned that outlay, they obviously no longer care for the attractions. Dreamworld should be referred to only as an Amusement park nowadays.

Ahem... Wiggles World does actually have theming... The Big Red Car, Rosy Tea Cups etc. are actually custom built and custom themed to match what they are meant to. Wiggles World doesn't need too much theming to be attractive to little kids, The Gardens and those swirly things really are quite effective. Along with the S.S Feathersword, so I don't know what you are talking about there.

• 4 months later...

I really wish that DW would just completely re-do the whole Eureka/Gold rush area. As a kid i absolutely loved it! it seemed so cool. Now though it seems old and ran down, like they aren't interested in the area. I really hope that this is true and it is actually being repaired to be re-opened!! But I suppose it is going to be re-opened (eventually) otherwise DW would have remove it off the ride list on the website.