Sign in to follow this  
White Water World

Dubailand, Dubai

13 posts in this topic

There is going to be this MASSIVE!!! theme park built smack dam in the middle of the Middle Eastern desert in Dubai and it is going to be 107 miles long. here is a Link

Edited by White Water World

according to one of the youtube slideshows of the concept it will cost 100billion, which doesn't surprise me if it is 107miles long. I could iimagine this thing turning into a budget monstrocity, if not the whole thing might be a monstrocity. we'll see

I really don't think price is an issue for the Dubians (is that a word?). Just have a look at The Palm and The World development that is happening off the coast. "The Bus is now leaving for The Palm Lagoon, Queensland"

I really don't think price is an issue for the Dubians (is that a word?). Just have a look at The Palm and The World development that is happening off the coast. "The Bus is now leaving for The Palm Lagoon, Queensland"
That is purely amazing. It's a great idea. However, abit off track right here.. but what about this Global Warming stuff how the oceans will rise up to 10 meters. Those islands don't look very high above sea-level. :( Anyways, that's amazing. I heard about The Palm ages ago, but not The World. I'd love to travel to Dubai some time. :)

I hear its going to cost 1 billion dollars! Is this true?
$1 Billion for a major project isn't that much anymore, i mean the Eastlink freeway in Melbourne is costing $2.5 Billion. Edited by Gazza

I read it's costing. 64.3 Billion! Loose pocket change for them, lol

Actually, that's obviously not pocket change for them because they haven't been able to make groundwork in all these years due to financial reasons.

If a place like Dubai - with it's oil money and extravagant constructions like Palm Island, 'the world' or the Burj Al Khalifa and Zero-taxation status (nobody there pays tax), can't afford 68 billion for a theme park - then I call bullshit on Fantasmagomicalifragilistic-x-pialidon'tthinkit'sgonnahappenland.

If a place like Dubai - with it's oil money and extravagant constructions like Palm Island, 'the world' or the Burj Al Khalifa and Zero-taxation status (nobody there pays tax), can't afford 68 billion for a theme park - then I call bullshit on Fantasmagomicalifragilistic-x-pialidon'tthinkit'sgonnahappenland.

Actually, Dubai don't have anywhere near as much money as they'd like people to think. They make very little money off of oil, most of their revenue comes from tourism. Because of this they approve tons of huge projects that never get finished because of money issues. The Burj Khalifa was only completed because the neighboring Emirate of Abu Dhabi bailed them out, hence why the tower's name was changed from Burj Dubai to Burj Khalifa, Khalifa being the name of the Sheikh of Abu Dhabi.

It'd be great if the investors of Dubailand decided to actually move the project to Abu Dhabi, since there it'd have more chance of being built (Ferrariworld was built, after all), but I can't see that happening.

Edited by alex_1