War Of The Wave Pools

War Of The Wave Pools  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which theme park has the best wave pool

• Jamberoo Action Park - Where You Control The Action
    • Wet 'n' Wild - Biggest 'n' Best
    • Whitewater World - By Dreamworld, Gold Coast, Australia

Just the poll question above. I personally think Jamberoo's is the best cause the waves are that big they can splash onto the cafe deck above, even the best swimmer like me can not tread water that good in them. It can also produce different types wave in different directions. WWW is crap. Wet 'n' Wild's is fairly good you can tread water in that one.

WWW is crap.
Why??? Unless you have experienced it for yourself don't write uninformed comments. Having only experienced the pools on the GC I would rate WWWs ahead of WnWs, the tubes in the WWW one are free, the pool looks more attractive, is arguably safer (underwater cameras), plus it can crank up waves big enough to boogie board on, the fountains are a nice touch too. It is also worth pointing out both the Jamberoo and the WWW pools were done by the same company. Edited by Gazza

I am yet to experience WWW, however I have been to both the pools at Jamberoo and WnW. I can honestly say that the jamberoo pool is the better IMHO. The generator outputs at a very narrow point. The pool itself extends ten metres from the generator to double the width of the pool in one hit. I found this gave waves that were unpredictable, and came out from any direction, whereas I have found that WnW's wave pool is more of an "out and back" style - it starts at the back and comes to the front. I can't speak for WWW yet, but Jamberoo is my pick.

Just the poll question above. I personally think Jamberoo's is the best cause the waves are that big they can splash onto the cafe deck above, even the best swimmer like me can not tread water that good in them.
If the waves are that big is it not dangerous both to the swimmers and the guest on the deck, i haven't been there, i was just wondering.

It is not dangerous at all. The park, like WnW, maintains a "dead zone" at the end near the generator. This would be the only place you would be in danger, and even then, it would not be very much. Personally if Jamberoo Fan considers himself a good swimmer, he has a bad misconception, because I consider myself an average swimmer, and yet I spent over an hour in the wave pool.