NEW COASTER

Hi guys, I was at Dreamworld today and had a look at the two new attractions(The new coaster and the All new Vintage Car section) The new coaster is quite small. the concrete pylons are being erected and the land has been pushed out into the lake by about 4 metres. Unless Dreamworld extend the track into the island it will either be very small or the track peices will be very close to each other?? The island is not much good to Dreamworld other wise as it is very hilly and would make for a great low track. Oh, the new Vintage car section will be great, you entre the new section from the back of Australian Wildlife Experience, next to the dingos, across a bridge and onto quite a big peice of land, looking back towards the Rocky Hollow Log Ride. The new extention to the park will be great with a lot of construction and development going on. Stay posted. any way, just thought i would keep you guys updated. Regards Craig

Besides, he said JKZ (jokes) so he was fooling around.
What? Craig
Cyclone's being demolished? [/quot Where did the idea of Dreamworld's Cyclone being demolished come from??? Its Dreamworld's only Adult coaster and they would not have paid it off yet. If anything it will be moved to a new location behind the Log ride with the new Vintage cars. The ride was put there as a tempory messure in the absence of the thunder bolt. The new extention of the exit and transport terminal will be going where the cycolne is now. Craig

Where has all this confusion come from? Read the topic.... -GIANT_DROP_RULZ_119m said "when does Cyclone get demolished JKZ?", he was making a joke about the ride getting demolished, I'm guessing he is not much of a fan. -Original got confused and didn't realize GIANT_DROP_RULZ_119m was joking. -ash.1111 commented on the joke GIANT_DROP_RULZ_119m made, saying it was "wishful thinking" -I pointed out to Original that GIANT_DROP_RULZ_119m was joking. -ash.111 essentially noted I had made a good observation.

Its Dreamworld's only Adult coaster and they would not have paid it off yet. If anything it will be moved to a new location behind the Log ride with the new Vintage cars. The ride was put there as a tempory messure in the absence of the thunder bolt. The new extention of the exit and transport terminal will be going where the cycolne is now.
They would have paid it off, it was only $5.5 mil and it has been running for more than 5 years, the income from the millions of visitors in this period would have covered this nicely. Remember, Thunderbolt and Cyclone ran together for a period until 2003, essentially Cyclone came to DW because it was a good deal, cheap, barely used and already in the country. I doubt it will be moved across the park either, a very expensive exercise, again this aint' RCT were talking about here.

Are you serious? You mean to say that footers for the new coaster are already in place and a whole new area is being constructed and we haven't even seen a single photo yet? What's going on around here? Normally at least one person would post some pics when footers have gone in. It just seems like all the Aussie theme park forums are so dead lately which is strange considering there is quite a lot going on at the parks again this year

went to DW yesterday, still just footers, and wire mesh. No supports are up as of yet. Also went to white water world in the arvo, it was empty as. If ppl werent aware , they are alternating the open times between the green room and hydro coaster,(45min intervals.) Me and my friend and some random guy got are raft stuck on the RIP. The seat that had no one in went up the side and we got stuck, with my part of the tube hangin over the exit chute. After like 4 mins i jumped out and slided down the exit chute, as we were not goin nowere fast+ my friend was trying to push us into the exit chute, and there was no way was i going to go over the dip that was vertical*. Yes the pool is shallow, my heels know that wen I hit the splash down pool, lol. After about 30seconds, the tube made its way free and my friend and random came down in the tube. maintance guy and lifeguard arrived after we had got off the ride they asked what happend and they said it had happend the day previous too. (*when i say vertical part, my part of the raft was hangin over the exit chute were as the rest of the raft had already started to make another go round, we were stuck were the water is tryin to push u around to line u up for the exit. if u look at pics of the ride youll no wat im on about. Thats the only reason i bailed out of he tube, i didnt want to get hurt ) went to movieworld first thing that morning, not to busy in the morning.

Oh now something is wrong if thrill history is covering this more than us. You see IMO I think the reason the forums have gone dead is because noone has been really visiting the parks lately (on holidays). I know reading other posts that when a ride is being constructed and one of us is on holidays there we take pics straight away and post them. Actually is anyone finding this new ride construction exciting? I did, but now im am not as much, kind of sucks, construction for S.E was exciting, same WWW

Edited by mickey_079