New Shrek 3 Stage Show & New Western Show

Expect a new Shrek 3 Live Stage show to open up soon. Including characters of puss in boots, Fiona, Shrek, Donkey and others.. I'm not 100% sure where it will be opening, I will find out soon. With the Western show, its going to be in the Maverick Sound Stage. No further details are known. Anyone know anything?

Oh fun, 2d characters. ;) I'd rather see a new action stage show than some 2d Shrek one, but thats my opinon.
2d? That would certainly be a bit errr, flat to watch. How would they do a 2d show anyway? Make everyone cover one eye? Have the characters as cardboard cut outs? Build the show stage in an alternate 2d universe accessible via a wormhole?

As seen from the Warner Bros. Website, regarding a competition to win tickets to see an advanced screening of Shrek 3. This can be seen here.

As an added bonus the competition winners will also get to be amongst the first people to see the ‘Shrek Live’ show at Warner Bros. Movie World, as well as be invited to join Shrek, Donkey, Puss In Boots and Princess Fiona for special meet’n’greets as well as an after party of ogre-whelming proportions.
Didn't want to copy the whole article, I know how annoying it can be. :) I suppose this sort of confirms this Shrek live show.

Could the Shrek Live thing be a re-vamped street show? If this thing is expected to happen on June 3rd, they would really have to get their act together to re-fit the Matrix area, or really get the Western stage into great shape. At the most, I reckon you could probably expect a small show on the Western stage similar to the Christmas special thing they had in there. The question I have is of the longevitiy of this Shrek thing. There is no way that it will open in the Police Academy area, which means if it was to become a long term addition, it would have to find its way into the Western Stage, which it seems will be occupied by a new western show. Other than that, the only available location would be the Matrix Area, which seems to be more of an [insert current movie here] area. But again, two major Shrek showy attractions??? My personal opinion is that I think it will be great to see a new Western Show, but if it is to open on the current stage, it would mean that the 'old' western area would not be getting a face-lift, which I was kind of hoping for. But all in all, more shows means more attractions and more to do. Will these be the only things that Movieworld do this year?

I have to agree that Movieworld needs a few more shows. It isn't so much that I wouldn't like to see rides, but every now and then it is good to go and see a show there, and at the moment there isn't a lot to do other than Shrek 4D and Police Academy. I cannot see the harm in them leaving the rides for the moment, considering that they have installed some pretty good ones in the recent past. Just as long as they regularly create meaningful additions, and not become Dreamworld lol.

Is Shreak 4D seriously 45 minute film Lisalila? I hope not. I can stand watching a film ion an amusement park for 15 minutes, even 20 minutes, but not 45 minutes. I am hoping your 4 in 45 was supposed to be a 1.
It does take a while from the moment you walk into the pre movie till the movie finishes. But it's more like 25-30 mins. from start to finish.

I don't think it's that much. It's maybe 5-10 minutes preshow then the actual show itself is probably only about 10 mins. Don't think it's any longer. The Shrek live show is only for a limited time I think - the email newsletter seems to indicate as such. The Western show is the one that's permanent. I like Shrek though so will be good to have a show at the park while it lasts and it's sure to get a good response so I think they will probably end up keeping it.

Edited by Tony Teulan