MGM Park Walk Photos

Ian

Hi guys back to my USA updates, Its like a Never Ending thing, I guess thats what happens when you love photography like me. Anyway here are 59 photos of the park for you guys and gals to check out. http://ozcoaster.net/content/view/61/27/ Ian:) Here a quick preview normal_14.jpg My 1st Tower on ride photo ever normal_18.jpg Dan and Me yes im sad but its the kiwi in me. normal_27.jpg Wes Ghostriding San Fran there are 59 photos all up. http://ozcoaster.net/content/view/61/27/ Also if you missed my show updates from the Lights Camera Action Stunt show and the Parade. Here are those links. Lights Motor Action http://ozcoaster.net/content/view/57/1/ Stars and Motor Cars Parade http://ozcoaster.net/content/view/56/1/

Nice pics man. When I went to WDW in Jan I took a 1GB memory card for my digital cam... which didnt last very long. Ended up buying another 3 while I was there. Ended up with about 1400 photos for the 2 week trip. I am just too lazy to upload all of them and make a report! Good job!

Thanks, for showing us the pics Ian!! The Tower Of Terror on-ride photo is the best out of the lot. However, for senery and all that, I would give it to the 4th picture down! CAPTION: "The sorcerer hat 110% better then Harry Potters". So TRUE!! Anyway, looking forward to any more pictures from the U.S.A. and all the updates fot the themeparks downunder. CoAsTeRbOy8

Yeah Ian does a great job. :) Disney-MGM is a fantastic park. If I was in Orlando and had to choose between going there OR Magic Kingdom, it would be a pretty hard decision. While it doesn't really have the trademark rides (with the exception of Star Tours) such as Haunted Mansion etc, it captures the whole movie theme brilliantly, has fantastic shows (Fantasmic particularly) and parades, funky eateries & awesome rides anyway. I was there in February '05. I had lunch at the cafe where you have a whole bunch of kitchen/dining room type areas and it's like the 1950s from the decor to the waitresses and food. Old vintage TVs show clips like of the opening of Disneyland and B&W TV shows. It was a bit like being in Pleasantville ;) I looked at the Sci-Fi Drive-In one and didn't have time to dine there but definitely will this time; tables done as cars, a big screen showing B-Grade clips; very cool. I also liked the vehicle parade and am looking forward to seeing the Cars replicas in August. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is brilliant & it would be fantastic if we had something in a similar vein at Movie World one day - that whole adventure theme. Although it was kind of annoying that they presented it as shooting a movie because there was a lot of stop-start as they explained what was going on. Kind of unavoidable I guess though because they had to set up the next set piece. The Great Movies Ride is a low thrill but very fun attraction & would be something easily implemented into MW. But yeah. I miss Rock'n'Rollercoaster & GOOD Tower of Terror :( Who else has been to MGM?

Edited by Tony Teulan

• 5 months later...
But yeah. I miss Rock'n'Rollercoaster & GOOD Tower of Terror :( Who else has been to MGM?
I went in Jan this year. MGM definetley one of my favourite parks, if not the best. tower of terror, rnr'r, fantasmic, awesome!!!!!! definetley way better than magic kingdom in terms of thrill rides, but magic kingdom is great for.... well... the magic!