The quality of Dreamworld

saberon

Hopefully DW management are reading this. Honestly, who on earth thought this was a good idea? Obviously, they had no clue as to what they were doing.
Althoug I'm not a member of Dreamworld management, I DO operate rides in the park and have quite a bit of knowledge on how the rides work. Kind of a behind-the-scenes Dreamworld worker, if you will. The paint was chosen specifically for the ride, but I will bring up your comment in meetings to come. Roller-Coaster members DO have the power to have a say and possibly make changes!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Management at all the Gold Coast parks and many others around the country do frequent these forums, so you are being heard. Whether or not they're actually listening is another matter however. As you can imagine there's a lot more to running a theme park than appeasing Roller-Coaster.com.au members, however correct everyone here may in fact be.

I personally don't mind the different colored main street. I actually think it looks quite nice. However when you look at say the Captain Sturt Paddle Wheelers recent renovation, it just looks so tacky, and ruins the ride. Sure, it was overdue for a renovation, however the renovation just made it look like a a Gay Madi Gra River Cruise (no offense to any of those kind on these boards).

^Oh, you've made me angry :angry: haha! Just messing. Nah, I agree, that paddle steamer looks like puke. I think they have painted it to fit in with Wiggles World, but wouldn't know for sure. I really do not have a huge problem with main street looking the way it does. Perhaps Dreamworld is still investigating the creation of a new entrance.

Management at all the Gold Coast parks and many others around the country do frequent these forums, so you are being heard. Whether or not they're actually listening is another matter however. As you can imagine there's a lot more to running a theme park than appeasing Roller-Coaster.com.au members, however correct everyone here may in fact be.
Staff at Dreamworld, or any park for that matter, are human as well. Of course we are LISTENING to what everyone is saying, but our power at meetings is only so big. We can suggest to the management a change, however whether action is taken ultimately rests in their hands.

that paddle steamer looks like puke. I think they have painted it to fit in with Wiggles World, but wouldn't know for sure. ...Perhaps Dreamworld is still investigating the creation of a new entrance.
The paddle steamer was, in fact, painted to fit into the theme of Wiggles World. And there has been RUMOUR, and only rumour, amongst staff and management at Dreamworld that there are plans for a new entrance style. I'm not going to say too much, though, becuase where I stand, along with everyone else who works at Dreamworld, this is rumour and nothing more.

Well, if that was the case, wouldn't it make sense to move the main docking platform for the Paddle Steamer into Wiggles World, or extend Wiggles World so it can gobble up the rest of Rivertown? Does anybody know if the Wiggles have say a "Big Red Motorbike"? I know we have the Big Red Car, the Big Red Boat, what about the Big Red Motorbike? :)

Woah at the GD :o Dreamworld ride op.. do you know if DW are planning on using the island for anything? near the new coaster etc
Right here would be a perfect opportunity to prove to everyone on these forums that I in fact DON'T know every bit of information about Dreamworld and I most certainly am not talking up a position. To me, I believe that if you know something, and you now it's valuable information somewhere (regardless of whether people believe you or not) you should share it. "WE" means the workers at Dreamworld. "WE" (to stop djrappa from getting on my back about that word) are informed on what will happen in the park. HOWEVER. That does not mean, and I have never stated that, I know everything about Dreamworld or what is going to happen there. All I know is all I've been told. Oh, just on the island question....I don't actually know.

• 3 weeks later...
I know the issue here isn't MW vs. DW, but I'm going to use MW as a comparison, here. You enter MW and see the Fountain of Fame. You can instantly feel the magic in the park. Walking through the various themed sections of the park you feel like you are actually in the Wild West or Chinatown. The amount of detail in theming in MW can only come from the dedication, experience and the 'passion' which has been mentioned from those at WVTP. Even sitting at the tables across from Santa Fe Sundaes, there are old western movie posters posted on the walls, an example of how much detail MW puts into their theming.
I think that sums it up for me and that movieworld overall is a better park. ;)<_<

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All, This is my first post here so thought it would be a good place to start. I have not been to Dreamworld for a couple of years but went a number of time as a child. In my view Dreamworld has become a mis mash of rides and attractions. Management have clearly placed an emphasis at accquiring rides on a budget and with a certain thrill capacity. While this is very important, it needs to be done in context with the "theme' of the park, hence why its a Theme Park. Dreamworld has lost that. I recall as a kid going from one them to the next and wowing at what i imagined Disneyland to be like and after finally getting their 2 weeks ago i can say that my thoughts as a child were correct. This is not about comparing Disneyland with Dreamworld as thats not fair. However I feel the theme aspect is very important and what makes a park what it is. I first visited Dreamworld in 1987 and it was when the park was at its best in my view. The Eureka Mine Car and Thunder River Rapids wer brand new and the log ride barely 5 years old. But more importantly the park had distinct themes that let you escape reality. Dreamworld needs to get that magic back and theme their rides and attractions better. Some of the rides are in desperatre need of rework: * The log ride needs a overhaul big time. It should be rethemed with use of animatronics and the descent reworked to make it steeper and faster. They could use the exisiting framework thus cutting down costs. It would not hurt also to make the ride a little longer. They could slow the ride down in parts with the added theme work and vary it up a bit. * The river rapids just are not that rapid any more. A couple of suggestions would be to add some climb and descent tracks to make it a bit more alive. The rapid ride at California Adventure Park is a good example of how it can be done. The infrastructure is there so costs could be kept down. It would not cost much to spruce it up. *Eureka is a shame is it was a great ride. However while I understand that it was old and parts are an issue, they do need to do one thing or another with it. Having it sit there gathering dust is really not good enough. Rework the ride or scrap it totally and start from scratch. * Wipeout was great for the time and was the start of the whole ocean theme however it was not capitalised on enough IMO. * Dreamworld desperately needs a world class roller coaster. This is the one area it lacks. It has nothing that could come close to that claim. When they ripped down Thunderbolt they should of replaced it with the coaster it needed. Not that has been from Luna Park. Worst mistake ever... Anyway that my view on Dreamworld. Is it a great park? Of course it is and it has a lot to offer. I just think that it has lost the magic it once had. While it is not as bad as it was in the early 90's before Wipeout, it could be so much better...

But more importantly the park had distinct themes that let you escape reality.
I completely agree with this post. This should be the goal of any decent theme park. Having a 'FlowRider' and an attraction themed to motorbike racing does not follow along with this context of escaping reality and entering another world. Some very poor recent choices by Dreamworld

Not that has been from Luna Park. Worst mistake ever...
Well, when they first announced the move I was happy because I had never gotten the chance to ride it at LPS (And I'm sure a lot of other people didn't either) At $5mil it was a steal, but they rely too heavily on it. At any other park in the world it would be a B list ride. Edited by Gazza

There is nothing wrong with the Cyclone, it is a good ride. What isn't good about it is the 50+ minute wait for it, and the fact that is the parks "Biggest" Coaster. There is no need to remove the cyclone in 5 or so years unless there are major issues with it (but then, in the case of Dreamworld, it would just sit there for 5 or so years before they touched it, and still avertised the ride). But Dreamworld does need a new Thrilling Coaster.