expansion

saberon

Hey guys, the park expansion has commenced, they have bought in excavation equipment and started digging something. I asked one of the staff and said they are slowly expanding the park but didn't say anything else. Construction is happened where the overflow carpark is and has blocked some access to the rip from the temple of huey side.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And maybe a real coaster like Surf Rider. Maybe something like WWF. :)
Personally, I hope they don't. I hope WWW just sticks to the normal flow of a water park and just have the normal kind of of water park attractions. I'm not saying don't go and get rid f new rides like hydrocoaster and the new rides, I'm talking about rides with some brittle link with a water ride (for example surf rider.) I think WWW should just stick with the theme they've got going, it seems to be working well and it's enjoyable.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the pics. I gotta say I'm confused about this construction now. I can't really get my head around the layout. I just noticed in one of the pics you can see that they are building what appears to be new footers within the Cyclone track ie. next to Temple of Huey. Does this mean they are actually going to use the current Huey tower for one of the slides? We've all spoken about that remaining gap on the Huey tower but I didn't think they'd use it for this particular attraction. I assumed this would have its own tower with the 2 slides coming off either end. As a 'dueling cannon bowl ride' I figured both slides would start and finish at the same point. Any other thoughts? By the way I've found what I think is the only other park in the world to have one of these dueling bowl installations - http://www.deepriverwaterpark.com

Swanny - Are you saying you'd like a little slide OVER a huge big ride like WWF?
Yeah, I agree with Swanny actually, a flume ride has no real place in a waterpark IMO, the idea is to be in the water not on top of it. Flume rides are pretty pointless IMO if they arent themed, which puts the budget up fairly high (WWF was $20 milion) with that sort of money you could buy heaps of waterslides as they are significantly cheaper.
I assumed this would have its own tower with the 2 slides coming off either end. As a 'dueling cannon bowl ride' I figured both slides would start and finish at the same point. Any other thoughts? By the way I've found what I think is the only other park in the world to have one of these dueling bowl installations - http://www.deepriverwaterpark.com
For the first point, one thing I have considered is that the bowls may not use the dual entry starting tubs, and they may just squeeze two slides in the last 'spot'. On the second point, there is also something like it going in at "Siam Park" in Spain: imagen__4__576.jpg

Yeah well I thought that too when I was looking this afternoon, because they haven't started constructing the towers yet when the slides are 30-40% done. If it's duelling cannon bowls I would expect they have their own tower. The only other thing is that those footers that are in place next to ToH are for the new tower...

I think those concrete foundations are for the exit slide leading into the pool. As for the wider ones that they are building in the Cyclone space and next to the pool, I have no idea. I thought I would mention that they have started building some kind of brick wall adjacent to the road in the area that the access path use to go behind the Cyclone. And you can see fromt the last picture that on the southern end of the site, they are doing some sort of work. I think the despatch tower for the Cannons will be south of the pool being built. I don't think they would let them leave from the Temple of Huey as it would conjest things too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Now was at WWW today and saw 2 smaller bowls almost completed near the Temple Of Huey slides. Look like smaller versions of the RIP (Cannon Bowls?). The slides launch from the TOH tower next to the blue slide. There is also a very large steel frame constructed for some sort of undercover or enclosed rectangular area (I'm guessing) next to these new bowl slides (new ride or function area???). But sorry no pics! :blink: TMB