expansion

saberon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, James went to DW today and sent me a pic of the slides so thought to share it with you all :)wwwnewslidesgs1.th.jpg They've also changed the Cyclone line up..now to get on the ride you line up outside (which use to be the exit) and to exit you go through the building (which use to be the que), any one know why?

Edited by lisalila

^Thats wierd, so does that mean to board the ride you actually go in through the door on the other side of the station instead of lining up in groups of 4 in that hallway with the flashing lights. Does it also mean that you enter the ride through the shop? I guess one idea behind it could be to give people plenty of time to admire WWW while queuing up for Cyclone (could encourage people to visit it if they see people having fun next door) I guess its better in a way because you could watch cyclone running instead of being stuck in a room looking down at that turbine thing. Or maybe efficiency has sunk to a new low and they need the extra radius of the outside ramp to hold more people :P.

Gaz, due to WWW & The Flowrider, exit for the Cyclone is no longer through the shops. The only shop specific for the Cyclone is the Photobooth, which is basically opposite the entry door to the Turbine Room for the cyclone (which is also next to the exit). Now, as to why this is happening, good question. Maybe to stop people from running down the emergency exit stairs? Or possibly a re-theme/ re-fit for the ride is in planning. Yeah, like that is going to happen.

Yer thanks lisalila for the pic of the new expansion. It seems that WWW is coming along reasonably well for a new waterpark. I think its because it slipped into the line of themeparks/waterparks on the GC within a couple of months and now is in full force with expansions! The bowls look really cool with the alternating colours, and even on the supports. Just a couple questions though: 1. Are the two slides confirmed to come of the Temple Of Huey tower? Or on a seperate, newly built tower? 2. Does anyboy know what the names for these slides will be? They are very brightly coloured; so I don't think it's going to be called "STORM" or "TWISTER". The function centre next to these slides looks alright, and isn't really an eyesore becuase of its location at the back of the park. Will this centre be used for like birthday parties as well as coparate events and things like that? Anyway, they should finish the two bowls before the September school holidays, all they have to do now is ad the drop,curve into the bowl, a exit path and water :P ! Fingers crossed for it to be open a week before when I go! CoAsTeRbOy8

1. Are the two slides confirmed to come of the Temple Of Huey tower? Or on a seperate, newly built tower?
Yeppo! I was at Whitewater World yesterday investigating just this - and the water heating :lol: After all it was absolutely teeming with rain, but hey, had a great day. Anyway, the forth spot on the Temple of Huey tower will be used for these. They will despatch side by side, so expect this to be a competition type slide. I also think that they will use the same tubes that they currently use on the other TOH slides, so don't expect a wizbang contraption to get the tubes to the tower, they will probably need to be carried. The only things I am not sure of are a- whether or not they will restrict it to the two person tubes, or use one person tubes as well and b - whether you have to bring the tubes across from where the slide finishes to the tube stacking area.

Maybe we could see a separate queue area (and raft storage area) near the splash pool for the bowls and rafts of a different colour, and when people reach the split in the stairs the right hand staircase could be dedicated to the bowls and the left one for broken headz, cut snake and right handers. The top platform would be divided off in some way to keep people where they should be. Doing this could avoid problems where people try and crowd only the bowls.

They are very brightly coloured; so I don't think it's going to be called "STORM" or "TWISTER".
The "Rip" is red and purple though :blink: Edited by Gazza

Just to clarify about the Cyclone. The "new" entry is where the exit is and the exit is where the "old" entry is. The park was pretty quiet today. Felt weird not hearing the T.O.T. I was surprised at how many peeps were in shorts and T's today. Even the kids. If it was another state they would have been rugged up. But as it was QLD they prolly thought the sun would come out soon. Went to the BB house which was cool.

Thanks so much for that great detailed photo update Saberon... I've been hanging out for it. The temple of Huey is certainly going to be one busy slide structure especially considering it's only small to begin with. I still can't get over their colour choice for the Screamin' Right Handers slide. That kind of grey/blue just doesn't go well with the rest of the complex and the green support poles. It also looks like something went wrong during the manafacturing process with each piece a slightly differnent shade of blue and those brown stains on the joins

Does anyone else think that this is a stupid ride to be added? It isn't going to attract more visitors, its just like two more Rips. A Lazy river would have been fantastic and a great chance for excellent theming. I am actually really dissapointed in this decision. Wet'n'Wild has a much better expansion.

I noticed that the ending will not be a splash-down pool, but rather just and ending like twister. I thought all of probowls just went straight into a pool, unless i am wrong. Is this a world first by any chance (i doubt it). I for one also really like the idea of adding these bowls, i reckon they are just what a waterpark like whitewater world needs. Now bring on the lazy river and dark mammoth!

^In a sense you could say that, but I think they should go back to the Rip and add a roof on to make it dark inside (maybe do lighting effects inside). That way there is a decent point of difference between both attractions. The new bowls would be more of an open air ride with a racing aspect, the rip would be more of a group dark ride. The problem I think lies with the fact there isn't a lot of choice out there for new waterslides.

Yeah, there isn't a lot of choice, but waterparks can still be creative in how they utilise what is available. Things like using the bowl as a finishing element to a longer slide layout is one example. And there is nothing to stop them from creating unique slide layouts, or adding interesting things to seemingly simple installations. I personally think that this is a good installation. I think you will find that they are actually quite different rides when they are finished. When you compare Whitewater World with Wet'n'Wild I would say that Whitewater World has a few attractions that make me more interested in going there - such as the bowls, octopus racer, and the hydrocoaster. What it lacks though are some key things that Wet'n'Wild doesn't. I believe that if Whitewater World was to install a lazy river and some good body slides, it could really pack a stronger punch when compared to Wet'n'Wild. That being said, I think Wet'n'Wild is doing to Whitewater World what Dreamworld should have been doing to Movieworld for years now. The addition of the new body slides and the Surfrider are outshining the 'expansion' Whitewater World is making. But at the end of the day, I am glad both parks are making changes. Gives everyone more choice.