Theme Park Review's 2008 Group Trips.

robbalvey

Hey Roller-Coaster.au! We're currently in the planning stages for what our TPR group trips for 2008 and beyond are going to be, and we could use your input! If you are interested in going on a TPR trip next year or in the future, please fill out the following form: http://www.themeparkreview.com/2008trips.htm This will give us an idea of what everyone is interested, where you all want to go, and we can start to organize trips based around places you want to visit. Remember that you don't need to be a member of any club to take part in one of our trips. Everyone from ALL clubs, organizations, and websites are invited! Although do remember we have a limit of how many people we will take on a trip (max. 100 people) so that ERT sessions REALLY are ERT sessions. We absolutely ENCOURGE members of other websites to join in our fun! You get to experience a TPR trip first hand and you get to bring back great content to post here as well! And besides, the more Aussies on our trip the better! :D Again, please fill out the form if you are SERIOUS about taking a trip with TPR and thanks again for your input! If you have any questions, please ask. --Robb

No offence Robb, but the only time we see you around these boards is when you are promoting something to do with your site. TPR is sucessful and I respect you for that, but it would be cool to have you around in normal discussions sharing your experiences etc and not just advertising, we dont bite.

Edited by Gazza

No offence Robb, but the only time we see you around these boards is when you are promoting something to do with your site. TPR is sucessful and I respect you for that, but it would be cool to have you around in normal discussions sharing your experiences etc and not just advertising, we dont bite.
If I had time I would LOVE to be a more active member, but I'm sure you can appreciate the time it takes to run a site, plan trips, edit DVDs, and on top of all that have a day job and a new baby! I'm sorry you guys feel it's "advertizing", I see it more as inviting you guys to come on one of our trips. How would our announcement be any different from any other coaster club letting you all know about events? I would understand it being an issue if this site ALSO offered theme park tours, but as far as I'm aware, they don't. If someone from R-C.com.au join us, you could bring back LOADS of great content for your site in the form of trip reports, photos, videos, park guides, experiences, etc. We're inviting you guys to come join us on one of our tours. I can't offer any better way to "share an experience" than to have someone from the site join us. --Robb "It's not like I'm here posting a 'come join our forum' message...." Alvey

--Robb "It's not like I'm here posting a 'come join our forum' message...." Alvey
Hey Robb, Perhaps you could fulfil the reverse role of all the guys from this forum who come to yours and say "You should come to Australia cause Dreamworld rocks and we have this ride, that ride and this which is cool and awesome and fun" You could just swan in, post something that's already said and then we could all bitch about you too :P just stirring, as always richard

• 3 months later...

We have announced our China 2008 and Tokyo 2008 trips. Deposits for all 4 of our trips are due soon, so if you're interested get your deposit in now! And if you are planning to send it your deposit, and have not done so yet, please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com so we can "pencil" you in. This will help us with planning how many buses we will have, etc. You can download the trip flyers here: www.themeparkreview.com/trips/ In summary, here are the four trips we are offering in 2008: Mainland Europe! June 22nd – July 6th, 2008. Parks include: Disneyland Paris, Europa Park, Phantasialand, Holiday Park, Tripsdrill, Walibi World, Walibi Belgium, Heide Park, Efteling, Toverland, Parc Asterix, Bobbejaanland, Drievliet, Movie Park Germany, and more! 18 parks in total! East Coast USA! August 7th – August 19th, 2008. Parks include: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags New England, Six Flags America, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Dominion, Hersheypark, Knoebel’s, Dorney Park, Lake Compounce, Dutch Wonderland, and more! 12 to 13 parks in total! With the exchange rate in your favor, this is a great way for Europeans to see many of the USA parks at a really good price! China Trip! August 30th – September 11th, 2008. Parks include: Happy Valley, Beijing Amusement Park, Hong Kong Disneyland, Mysterious Island, Fisherman's Wharf, Ocean Park, Sun Park, Chimelong Paradise, Shijingshan Park, Pearl Land, and more! We will even spend some time at the Great Wall and other China landmarks "TPR Style" (meaning we go up to the Great Wall on a skyway and come back down via Alpine Slide!!!) 13 parks in total! Tokyo Trip! September 14th – September 22nd, 2008. Parks include: Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Tobu Zoo, Fuji-Q, LaQua, Toshimaen, Sea Paradise, Cosmoworld, Nasu Highland, Yomiuriland, and more! 14 parks in total! If you're looking for a cheaper, shorter alternative to our Japan trip this year, this is a GREAT way to see a good amount of Tokyo parks in a short amount of time. Theme Park Review’s trips include: • All ground transportation • All park admissions • All hotel accommodations • Park perks such as Exclusive riding sessions, photo walkbacks, interviews, etc. • At LEAST one meal per day • Snacks, drinks, trip T-Shirt, TPR goodies, etc. • A DVD and photo CD of your trip • A LOT of fun and a chance to meet new friends who share the same hobby! For information about how to sign up for one of these trips, visit: www.themeparkreview.com/trips/ We hope to see you on a TPR trip in 2008! --Robb Alvey www.themeparkreview.com