dreamworld platinum pass

kennykoala

Guys i got a leeter in the mail from DW today offering a new pass!!! MAX ACTION PLATINUM: enjoy the best of both worlds with double the thrills and double the fun for double the time! dreamworld and whitewaterworld are set to release a new pass. MAX action platinum will give you unlimited entry to both dreamworld and whitewaterworld for TWO WHOLE YEARS!! $254 adults $168children Lets see if movieworld will step up to the plate, batter UUUUPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

It is actually a good bargain! Think: (in terms of adults) $185 for a 1 year pass to DW. $254 for a TWO year pass to DW and WWW. So in you do $254 - $185 you get $69. That means if you pay for 1 regular year @ DW, you then get 2 free years at WWW and a $69 extra year at DW. Pretty cheap compared to the year pass, and entry to MW is $64 for only 1 day. MW is $80 you say (and it is actually $99 I just checked) ... If we include Wnw for them.. then 2 years would be $198. + for 2 years annual pass to Wnw as well it would be an extra... $198 as well. So that is $396 for them. $254 for DW. Bargain.. I think so ;) Ps all prices gathered from the sites http://www.wetnwild.com.au/tickets/tickets.cfm#3 http://www.movieworld.com.au/tickets/tickets.cfm

Late last year, Movie World had a $79 Year Pass special. You would have been silly not to buy it. :)
Well it's only $20 more now so it's still cheap. EDIT : Do you still get the 15% at DW? EDIT X 2 : I received the letter today. You still get the 15% off. According to the letter because i have both passes i get upgraded for FREE. :) Edited by dreamworld_rulz

The Saver pass appears to have died a quiet death; evidently Dreamworld have no idea of what they're doing with annual passes as over the past few weeks they've tweaked and retweaked just about every pass they offer. One must wonder what they're doing for customers who purchased a Dreamworld pass on the basis that they could visit the water park in the afternoons given it's now not an advertised feature. I'd hope they're honouring it for the duration of the pass.

The Saver pass appears to have died a quiet death; evidently Dreamworld have no idea of what they're doing with annual passes as over the past few weeks they've tweaked and retweaked just about every pass they offer. One must wonder what they're doing for customers who purchased a Dreamworld pass on the basis that they could visit the water park in the afternoons given it's now not an advertised feature. I'd hope they're honouring it for the duration of the pass.
richard from the email i got, the way i read it, that once your current pass had expired you would no longer have accses to white water world. I was to othinking about the ppl that paid for the full dw pass at 185 on the bases they would get entry to whitewater world after 3pm.

Can I bring everyone's attention to one line of fine print on the Dreamworld Ticket page in regards to the Platinum Pass... "Valid for 12 months from the date of issue." Now I hope that this is a simple misprint, but will be contacting the park today to confirm it....will let you all know. EDIT: In one section it comes up as 12month valid, but in another section of the site, it does say 24month valid....putting this down to an oversite by the park. Now just to figure out if I get one now, or save the money for our USA trip next year

Edited by thunder001

As you know DW is my favourite park but I think not having the WWW option in the MAP is going down hill. I'm all for the Platinum pass but to kill the WWW option for MAP holders just sucks.
I think the only reason they ever added that WWW bonus was as a honeymoon period offer for WWW. All it really was was a means to get people in to WWW, try it out, get to like it etc. Doing so could eventually lead to people buying a WWW annual pass, or in the current situation, a platinum pass. Edited by Gazza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...