GD Closed?

rappa

Wait, so you are saying Ride Trade advised them to close it?
Not close it as such, but Intamin did ask us to thoroughly safety-check the ride (which would involve temporary closure, yes.) As far as I'm aware, the management here insisted that the ride was safe and no action was taken to close the ride whatsoever. Keep in mind as well, thorough safety checks are carried out both before the park opens and after it closes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually be a bit worried if the ride did close, as it would say to me that Dreamworld don't trust their own maintenance. And I personally think that out of all our Theme Parks in Australia, Dreamworld has the best Maintenance program.
It's nice to see that the public recognises the reason Dreamworld's management didn't close the ride. It was exactly the reason T-bone stated. We trusted our own maintainence.

WOW, going against a manufacturers recommendations doesn't strike me as safe, it strikes me as arrogant. That's usually how ride accidents happen in the first place, parks thinking they know better than the manufacturers. Next they'll be saying they know better than Ride Trade and replace the cables with something they 'just know to be better' and then SNAP, we'll see an accident here too... Oh and just who was it that contacted you personally from Inatmin Ride Op? Because I mean like before, you said, we, so I'm assuming you had some key role in keeping the ride open did you?

• 2 years later...

And I know many people have already mention, and as I said, during an intense argument, between myself and AlexB, the rides may be the same, but they're different. Do you understand? I am preety sure that the American ride operators, didn't check the Superman Tower of Power's cable, and with that the slim chance, there was a problem, with the cable. I am not too sure, but weren't the STOP's (hey that abbreviation is funny) cables stretched. The rides do practically have different structures, and the cables are much closer to riders. So therefore the chance of this occuring in Australia is at it's smallest minimum. (And Dreamworld does have a very safe maintenance program)

Edited by lylefart

You realise you're engaging in a three year old discussion? Or that the arguments and questions you are posing here have absolutely no bearing on anything anyone who contributed here three years ago could care in the least bit about today?
Yeah, I know but still, I have some information, so I write it. Anyone on the internet could search and find this forum. And if they did, they could find more information. I want to know if i can write something in a thread without someone beginning to retaliate.