Important news regarding Dreamworld's latest roller coaster

Richard

Very recently Dreamworld has contacted Intamin for a last-minute redesign of their latest roller coaster. It will no longer be a motorcycle coaster, but rather the world's first pushbike roller coaster. Teams of riders (each trainload) will join in and pedal the coaster's way around the course. Its theme will be Tour de France, with the yellow track representing the esteemed Yellow Jersey of the race awarded each day to the top positioned rider. Your top speed will be determined by the collective effort of fellow riders, an homage to the team spirit of the Tour. 001.jpg (The above may not be true, but we do have a new Construction Update on the main page now.)

Hahaha. :lol::D You really had me there. I was like " :o What on earth is Dreamworld doing!!". Looking good, coming together a bit quick? I haven't heard.. but what land will this ride/attraction cover? Only the land which the Model T Cars once occupied? Can someone like edit that picture below in another colour showing how much/where the new ride/attraction will be? lol. 4pyer89.jpg

It's hard to tell from the photos, but are we sure its going to be a hydraulic launch like other accelerators? The launch track doesn't seem to have the central catch car rails, and there is no sign of a bunker room for the hydraulic motor. What could you see from your visit? Good pics by the way, annual passholder again now?

Edited by Gazza

EDIT: Ok, here is the pic from what I have gathered since I saw the concrete base things (donno what we call them now... footings or footers???) It's my speculation. The area this thing covers stops at the Tower of Terror launch track. The ditch I spoke about is indicated with the line that matches the X. The launch will go parallel to the Tower of Terror, north. My possible layout from a birdseye view has been drawn also. Of course, it isn't to scale, etc. From what has been built so far, you can tell that the last turn is after the brake run. There is another possibility, which isn't as exciting, but I hope it is something like this. boosterlayout.jpg

Edited by Churros