Everybodys Favourite Roller Coaster

DJKostya

For me, it's probably a tie between Scooby-Doo and Sea World's Corkscrew. Scooby-Doo is a great ride, unparalleled theming and incredibly unique in every sense of the term, but the actual ride isn't the most comfortable - there's some pretty awful transitions (in the coaster section) which really don't do the neck or lap much good. Maybe if you weren't worrying about how your neck has been twisted, you could enjoy some of the drops a little more. As for Corkscrew, I ask you what more you could want in a ride. It's silky smooth, has fantastic airtime on the first drop (easily/sadly the best airtime we've got in Australia), three inversions, a superb headchopper and it actually fits into its surroundings. It's a better ride than Cyclone (if Dreamworld actually gave it some maintenance and kept it running as smooth as it was in its first six months, it might be above Corkscrew), and Lethal Weapon's far too rough and just doesn't do it for me (though I can't argue with that sweet airtime hill before the sidewinder). And there's absolutely nothing south of the border that interests me - aside from Toboggans, which in themselves are much more thrilling and fun than any coaster I've been on, but I don't think many people acknowledge them as coasters (maybe I'll have to change that :)). Oh and yes, Scooby-Doo does still change everything.

I was going for in general but I suppose it would be better if you have ridden it. Keeping that in mind the best coaster i've ridden is Space Mountain in Euro Disney. Excellent themeing, triple inversion and the best launch sequence ever! For a coaster that I havent ridden it would have to be Jokers Jinx/ Poltergeist. They both look awesome. But any of the Busch Gardens coasters or IOA coasters would be awesome as well :D

International: Dueling Dragons - Best themeing of any coaster(s) I have ridden, intensely paced throughout and the near misses (riding in the front row especially) with the opposite train have to be experienced to be believed. Local: Scooby Doo - Had no idea what the ride was before getting on it which really made the first ride special. Was thinking that it was just a plain old ghost train (the only thing that didn't seem right to me was the restraints - they were just too "solid" for a ghost train) but when we stopped dead half way through and the lift kicked in..........Repeat rides knowing what to expect were almost as good.

Scooby without a doubt. As stated above, I didn't think Scooby would be that great of a coaster, but rather, a coaster with a few small dips (I thought the ride was over after the swinging axes). Beastie would be my other favourite coaster, due to the air on the pull out of the second hill (and no seat dividers!). It's a real shame that the coaster is no longer open, it's so much better than it's father. ~Liam

Favourite coaster without a doubt would be Knott's Xcel, just fantastic in nearly every way. Favourite woody would definitely be Ghost Rider as I'm sure any who have had the pleasure would agree. Close to those is DJV (just not quite complete enough to top the list) and of course X which is just a stand out all of its own. I also loved Goliath but that was really a size thing which I'm sure would come with most Hypers or Gigas out there. Smoothest Corkscrew is my vote although Xcel is right there too (only ride I have never had even the slightest sickness or headache even after 50 rides). After all these years Corkscrew is still so unbelievably Smooth. You can say what you want about B&M but this Arrow has been well looked after and it just goes to show you the difference between good and bad maintenance.

Dont get me wrong i do enjoy the shorter launch coasters TOT or Dodonpa.But I'd Prefer the Hyper coasters and the good looping coasters. You get alot more airtime and more sense of adventure.My Top five coasters would be at the moment.unfortunately theirs nothing i like here in Australia. SteelDragon Nitro Superman Ride of Steel SFNE Alpengiest Kraken/Medusa SFMW Fav Woody colossus Heidi park Germany

So we're allowed international coasters now are we? :) Probably the best I found internationally has been Cali' Screamin'. I think I'm a big fan of launchs, and it has nice little pockets of airtime and is a pretty long ride. The only thing I don't like is how it gets dragged up one of the hills mid way through the ride, really destroys the 'flow' for me.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Cali. Screamin... The overal look of the coaster is great too, the attempt to look like a woody has been done very well. I'd agree that its an overall great ride that doesn't really die at any time through the ride. Plus the dual track station design is great and keeps the capacity up very well.

• 3 weeks later...

If you like kumba, revolution, monstum awakens, thriller or crystal beaches cyclone. you should download no limits coaster simulor 1.3 from http//www.nolimitscoaster.de/ .And my favorite coaster is the Cyclone at Dreamworld

Well, since this topic has been brought to the surface again, I'll do my best to drag it back on topic by saying Nemesis is my number 1, followed closley by Scooby Doo. AIR and Oblivion, despite being excellent rides, they didn't have the same affect as what going on Scooby for the first time did. The whole lazer show and loud rock music really worked with me :D

I think when it comes to coasters themeing makes a huge difference. Nemesis, Spacemountain ED and Scooby Doo are all good examples of how good themeing adds to the thrill of the ride and the enjoyment level
Tell ya something based on that point: Scooby Doo is one of my fav. rides, yet Mulholland Madness (MACK Wild Mouse) is one of my least favs. Go figure ay?

• 1 year later...

For the billionth time here, I've gotta say the best coaster I've never ridden, if I was able to pass judgement would be Kumba. Great colors, gardens, it looks smooth and the gesign is top notch. Fave one I've ridden? The more I think about it the more I love the Bush Beast. It was fun, rough, smelt good and made lotsa noise, but the Tower of Terror is still the best.

For the billionth time here, I've gotta say the best coaster I've never ridden, if I was able to pass judgement would be Kumba. Great colors, gardens, it looks smooth and the gesign is top notch. Fave one I've ridden? The more I think about it the more I love the Bush Beast. It was fun, rough, smelt good and made lotsa noise, but the Tower of Terror is still the best.
Please don't get overly excited about Kumba I was there June this year and it gave me a headache. There's much better b&m multiloopers around. It was a real dissapointment. But Bush Beast? WOW! that really is the epitemy of rough. Besides the very front seat I don't know how one could actually say it was an enjoyable experience. and that brake after the first turnaround just killed the rush. Favorite coaster of all time that i have ridden? hmmm, there are a few. I'd have to go with Talon as my favorite all time invert, rarely talked about but I love it. super smooth and a couple of pops of great air too. Nitro was also pretty damn special and is porbably my favorite hyper. Have to think about which sit down/floorless looper....