Blue Lagoon Area Gone

Dreamworld

Blue Lagoon, like smash210 said, was shut down for the opening of WhiteWaterWorld....however, it strikes me as odd that it would still be closed. Ity was only to be shut down temporarily for 2 weeks after the opening of WhiteWaterWorld, so I'm not quite sure why it would still be closed...I'll have to get on to the maintainence personnel. And it was closed because, once again, like smash210 said, we didn't want any unneeded competition between the Blue Lagoon are and WWW. Basically, it was to lure people to WWW because the object was to take away one of the water park areas to attract people to the other. Simple as that : D

^Doesnt that sort of mean that visitors to DW get less for their money than they did before because a whole area of the park is basically closed off. When the weather got hot it was nice to duck in for a spell to cool off before continuing your day...hey it beats paying a rip off price for an ice cream or drink, or waiting ages in line for Thunder River or the Log Ride.

We had to look at the consequences of every move we made. Sure, one option could have been to leave both parks open and get an equal(ish) number of patrons to each area, both WhiteWaterWorld and the Blue Lagoon, but we also had a look at the other side. We also thought that we could close Blue Lagoon temporarily, and therefore lure people who are wanting to go on a water ride or go in a pool to WhiteWaterWorld, boosting the first day attendance numbers of the park. But like I said before, Blue Lagoon wasn't to be open for more than 2 weeks after the opening of WhiteWaterWorld, so I'm not quite sure why it would still be closed. My guess would be that at the time the user 'Dreamworld' noticed that Blue Lagoon was closed, it was closed for daily/weekly maintainence, or closed for refurbishment. I haven't been informed of permanent closure, so I don't think that's it.

Um...What are you on about? Blue Lagoon was confirmed to be closing down permanently when WWW opened - not for two weeks. Why would DW give guests a water park included with general admission when they have a separate gate park offering exactly that right next door? Or am I the one that's tripping now? :blink:

^Yeah, I'm with you. Wasn't the intention that WhiteWater World would be Dreamworld's waterpark. Thus, the introduction of the dual entrance, and the world passes, etc. Blue Lagoon is where they had Nightmares running all over last Summer holidays and now there is a huge white tent-like functiony thing in there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it hasn't been open as a waterpark since last year.

Don't you find this funny that Shaunernator claims that he is management at Dreamworld yet he had no idea that Blue Lagoon was closed? What did maintainence say?, no really when you went to them, what did they say, i am dying to know! Why have you not answered the questions that was asked of you in the Problems People Problems thread, do you see where i am going with this? So if history should follows it self, this would be the last time you will ever be in this thread, yes?

Edited by rosscoe

Blue Lagoon, like smash210 said, was shut down for the opening of WhiteWaterWorld....however, it strikes me as odd that it would still be closed. Ity was only to be shut down temporarily for 2 weeks after the opening of WhiteWaterWorld, so I'm not quite sure why it would still be closed...I'll have to get on to the maintainence personnel. And it was closed because, once again, like smash210 said, we didn't want any unneeded competition between the Blue Lagoon are and WWW. Basically, it was to lure people to WWW because the object was to take away one of the water park areas to attract people to the other. Simple as that : D
Shaunernator, if you are going to make up a story about working for DW management, at least make sure you have your facts straight. Deary me, how embarrasing.

• 4 weeks later...

Well those of us who have visited the park after the opening of WWW might have noticed the change on the Dreamworld maps that would have given a hint about the future of the BL area. I have not noticed it on a park map for Dreamworld after they opened the new water park. So as far as the "I work for Management" angle goes....find another cause your done.

I saw it yesterday, and it's all there except for a few slides. And the water is dirty, really dirty.
Kain, welcome to roller-coaster.com.au, But please, be considerate of others and use correct spelling and grammar so people find it easier to understand what you are trying to say. Edited by Gazza

Ity was only to be shut down temporarily for 2 weeks after the opening of WhiteWaterWorld, so I'm not quite sure why it would still be closed...I'll have to get on to the maintainence personnel.
Hahahahahahaha. :P :P :P This is exactly what I hate about Dreamworld; those damn maintenance personnel closing down areas of the park without telling anyone. I'm surprised it's gone this long without anybody noticing. Oh well. Let's hope somebody reminds them that they need to take down the fences, put the slides back up, and fill up the pools. EDIT: Shaaunernator, are you going to remind them about Eureka? That's been ages. Edited by Adam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yet another thing I was wondering about... I was last there when the nightmares were on and I noticed that you still walk under one of the slides (I don't think I'd even been in the pool since I was a young kid) but I was wondering if they've drained the water or put something over the top so they can use the area.