Loonytunes Construction/Demolition

saberon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tune ride according to the website will reopen tomorrow however looking at the extent of redevelopment in the area, maybe it will be down for longer?? It has been closed for almost a month already. It's great to see the Park going to such efforts in maintaining and updating things.. A little birdy told me about a year ago there were some fairly impressive plans for the Tune area in time for Xmas this year - I don't believe this included new attractions as such, mainly just updating the original section of the Tune Village area to make it fit the newer area. I hope when the Tune ride reopens we do see lighting and Animatronics fixed/updated as the show was beginning to show it's age

I love the looney Tunes River ride, but it is in desperate need for some higher end disneyesque animatronics as the current ones tend to be faulty due to age and are also extremely not fluid in motion and have very basic actuatiors and pneumatics which are very much dated and don't provide any sense of natural movement which the ride really needs, which can be dissapointing. The animatronic technology isn't anywhere near as expensive as it used to be as demonstrated by what you can do with lego these days.

Gazza... that myspace is gold! hahaha! I had a peek this morning and it seems that King Arthur's court is pretty well gone and the old Five and Dyme has been gutted. In that last pic, the one of the old Tombstone building... the fence is probably a good 15 - 20 metres away from the building. I poked my nose through the fence for a second and it appears as though they have started digging up some of the concrete in that area. They also had a bunch of oddly shaped 'wooden things' (like what goes in a house... the name of which escapes me at the moment) that were stacked on top of each other; and some other things, so it could merely be cosmetic, or it could tie into the new attraction opening in the Matrix location.

King Arthur's court was directly to the left of the River Ride entrance. It was like a Fairy Tale shop and something else. The Five and Dyme was opposite Willy Wonka's Chocolate Store just before you enter the Looney Tunes area. It use to have arcade games and some other pointless amusements. EDIT: I've circled all the areas that are currently fenced off and stuff is going on. Map References: Five and Dyme - 48 King Arthurs - 42 Tombstone - 30 mwareas.jpg

Edited by Churros

Now that stuff has been removed, anyone want to speculate what is going in any of these areas? Did they preserve any of it? Like the arcade stuff and that? Or has it all just been removed? What use to be in that Thombstone building? I reckon they might build another walk through attraction in the old Matrix building. Not sure what is going on in the old Thombstone building, but could be related ??? Not sure. As for Looney Tunes it could just be cosmetic. If they put in some new rides I won't complain. I'd like to see a couple more things that adults can join in with though.

I would've liked to have seen MW use the Matrix building for a walk-through haunted house in the meantime (assuming they have their Halloween event again). In the longer-term, I'd say another walk-through attraction too. Not sure what it will be themed around - Warner Bros haven't been producing the biggest blockbusters of late. Perhaps some sort of Happy Feet attraction that was rumoured?

I know every thing that is happening at the looney tunes village, at lets just say its great when a company upgrades and cares about sections of the park to bring new life in too those areas, the Looney Tunes Village and Cartoon Beach at Sea World will be better of with these new leases of life.