Loonytunes Construction/Demolition

saberon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think they have done a great job with the looney tunes characters on there, they should do a bit more to hide the inner workings of the carousel, at the top of course It would be nice if they had done a roof with light globes on it, and in the middle some extra panelling to hide the middle stand.

Good to see that area getting some much needed attention and TLC. The thing about a carousel is this - its either a steam powered classic, which requires specially skilled people to operate it, or its a brand new galvanised checkerplated modern one, that anyone can operate, that also comes with a warranty, and a lower likelyhood of breakdown or heavy maintenance. It's better than nothing, and to be honest, I don't think little kids are going to be looking at the framework on the ground beneath it, or on the roof above. They're moreso going to be waving at mum and dad, and enjoying riding on a fibreglass mould of their favourite cartoon character. One thing interests me though.... did anyone spot this on those pictures?

post-152-1190447104_thumb.jpg

I still think the carousel is far below par. Doesn't like much more than a cheap carnival ride. Aesthetically it's pretty poor. All of the frame should be hidden from sight including the framing in the ceiling. the cavas looks flimsy and cheap and has spines poking through it. It should also have the more traditional cam mechanism that allows the 'horses' to go up and down. It also is missing lighting components that give it just that extra extravagance the ride lacks. This current installation is suitable for a carnival, not a themepark.

Considering the park operates 99% of the time in daylight only, the lights would be a bit of a waste, however, if you look at the wide picture of the whole structure (which you would have to see the canvas and the spines) you would notice that there are lightbulbs studded all over the facade.

Just as a quick add-on to AlexB's post about the ride sign: Check out the bit where it asks riders to check their suitability to low height and low speeds. Seriously, the OH&S person who insisted on that sign is smoking crack, its a carousel for crying out loud. As for the ride itself, woefully under done. It looks like a very similar model to DW's and SW's, but just has a horrible "unfinished" look to it. I think its the sort of ride that Village needed, but its not even well presented.

Edited by joz

Yes, i asked the retail manager, the dogems will be an extra charge.
:mellow: I thought that there might be a small chance that MW wouldn't screw up these dodgems. Oh well, they'll find out out they've stuffed it soon empugh. Well, hiopefully. Hopefully people won't be that absent-minded to pay extra for something that shoul come included in admission.

The carousel isn't finished yet, it will look good when it is...with lights too. dont bag it till you see the finished product. It was either spend $10 million on a single ride or $10 million on the village upgrade. Makes perfect sense to me to keep the little ones happy.
Are you trying to tell us that the upgrade of loony toon town cost 10 mill for a couple of small rides and a paint job?