Dracula's Haunted House on the Gold Coast

crazy mary

Hi everyone, my name is Kylie and I work for Dracula's at their new Haunted House attraction. I thought I would start a new topic, so that if anyone has any questions about what is going on in Surfers Paradise with this new attraction, hopefully I can answer them, and keep you all up to date. Basically for those of you who haven't heard, Dracula's is building a 5 story walk through attraction, and keeping to the Dracula's theme, it is all about horror. It will have different themed rooms and a 4D cinema inside. The attraction is being built with all new state of the art equipment, alot of which has been purchased and shiped over from America. Mechanical monsters some of which are over 7 feet tall. This weekend, Saturday 11th August will be the opening of the souvenier shop, located on the ground floor of the attraction. We are very excited about the opening and would love to see as many people there as possible. Don't get confused though, the attraction won't be open until the end of October, fingers crossed. So if you're a local, or planing a trip to the Gold Coast, come down and have a wander through our assortment of horror memorabilia. We are located on Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise, across the road from Chevron Renaissance. If you're a fan of horror movies, you will find all your favourite characters in figurine form, including Chucky, Jason, Freddy Krueger and many more we've got toys for all ages and walks of life. Or if you're just interested in finding out more about our upcoming attraction, come down and say hi. You won't be disappointed. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, and I will try to keep everyone up to date with picies and all the info I am allowed to leak. Picies coming soon. Kylie. aka Crazy Mary

Edited by Adam
fixed BBcode issue

Well today was the first full working day that the new Haunted house shop was open, and I was able to grab a few snapshots for you guys, as a little bit of a tease. I hope you like them. The monster busting through the wall is at the entrance to the attraction, or what will be the entrance to the attraction. The stair case is a painting on the wall, to set the atmosphere. As new developments come up I will post more photos. Photos do not pay this place any justice, you have to come and see it in person to get the full effect of what we are trying to do. For those of you who can't, I hope this satisfys. I will be in touch soon. Kylie

post-1904-1186916925_thumb.jpg

post-1904-1186917041_thumb.jpg

post-1904-1186917156_thumb.jpg

Yeah sorry everyone, the date is suppose to be 2007. Only a couple of months to go now. I am also a big fan of horror movies. I would have to say though that my favourite are Rob Zombie films, House of a thousand corpses and The Devils Rejects. The latest info on The Haunted House is that it will take about 2 hours to walk through and there will be dare doors for teenagers and adults that want an extra thrill. Have fun, more info to come. Kylie

Obviously its still construction at the moment, but will the doors leading in to the house be dressed up a bit, that demon thing looks cool but the bare timber and steel could be spruced up a bit. And DW rulz, I think you can buy the dolls, everything on that rack seems so have little white pricing stickers if you look closely.

You will have to wait and see what will be behind the dare doors, I can't give to much away yet. All I know is that behind the dare doors will be something scarier than the rest of the attraction, and not for the faint hearted. We do sell Horror movie memorabilia, including Chucky dolls for sale. We have a 12" talking Chucky, 14" Child's play Chucky and 14" Bride of Chucky. I think the owners are trying to get an old abandoned feel to the Haunted House, hence the bare steel and timber, and there is still alot of work to be done. Whatever new developments arise I will post photos, as long as I'm not giving away any surprises. If you want to check out the stock that is for sale, we also have a shop online at www.draculas.com Talk to you soon. Kylie

post-1904-1187260415_thumb.jpg

post-1904-1187260423_thumb.jpg

post-1904-1187260430_thumb.jpg

Obviously its still construction at the moment, but will the doors leading in to the house be dressed up a bit, that demon thing looks cool but the bare timber and steel could be spruced up a bit. And DW rulz, I think you can buy the dolls, everything on that rack seems so have little white pricing stickers if you look closely.
Cool thanks, I'll check it out in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...
This is directed at Crazy Mary, but was there ever any truth in the rumour that Dracula's was looking at putting in a small roller coaster at one of its attractions?
Yes that was the plan, to put in a roller coaster at the restaurant, however they couldn't get approval from the council to go ahead with it. It's a shame because that would've been great. They did spend $400,000 on the new ghost train however, so it is worth checking out.