Parks to try before you die.

Gazza

Sorry about the title, but I was just wondering what parks out there people have on their "to do list" and one day hope to visit. For me at the top of that list is all the parks at Walt Disney World (Done Now) (MGM studios, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT) though the Disney park I would like to most visit is Disney Sea because it seems to combine Disney's absolute best of the best in one park. But for the other parks out there, you could basically sum it up as being theme parks with strong theming and B&Ms (a crude way of putting it, but the parks I want to see for some reason fill both these categories) So they would be: -Alton Towers (Basically for Nemesis, but I'd love to see the older parts of the park like the towers) -PortAventura (Furius baco has caught my eye, but there is stuff like Dragon Khan and Tempol de Fuego) -Parque Warner Madrid (Its like a really good version of our park, I love the look of their batman coaster, and hey who wouldn't like to ride their alternate reality version of WWF) -Islands Of Adventure (Full of amazing rides, in particular Dueling Dragons and Spiderman) (Done Now) -Busch Gardens Africa (Just a cool park with a good selection of coasters) (Done Now) -Busch Gardens Europe (Same as above, but the leafy environment and more mature and refined theming look great) -Europa Park (Cool approach to themed areas, worth it for silver star and their cool little bobsled coaster) -Phantaisaland (Every ride here is over the top and really is my kind of park, Black Mamba, Mystery Castle, Talocan and Winjas all look wonderful) Further down the list Six Flags Great Adventure and Cedar Point would be cool to check out eventually, but I'd have a bit to do before I get up to them. So what do you hope to one day visit?

Edited by Gazza

• 5 months later...

Alton Towers again. Went in 2000 and loved it. Disney in LA and Hong Kong. Been to Disney in LA in like 1997 or 8... want to go to California Adventure. Six Flags Great Adventure (May 2008 WoO!!) And the top of my list: Cedar Point for SURE, and Magic Mountain.

Guest jake-train

mine would have to be: 1. six flags magic mountian 2. disney land, disney world 3. sea world orlando 4. knotts berry farm 5. six flags discovery kingdom. and witch ever one park has king da ka lol there my parks :):):)

I'm surprised, even with the few replies so far that with the number of Wonderland supporters out there that Canada's Wonderland \ some of the paramount \ ex paramount designs haven't made it. Thats definitely on my list. I've done most of the major LA parks but 100% would do them all over again. (universal, Disneyland, magic mountain, knotts, sea world san diego) Cedar Point is up there also, and well worth the detour to Ohio. Alton Towers and Blackpool, Disneyland Paris (ever since I saw a behind the scenes "making of" Space Mountain Theres more on my list, but none of them as much as those above.

^It would be tough to beat Disney, but that definitely is a park I want to visit, Obviously for the B&Ms there, but Curse of DarKastle seems worth the trip if it is anything like Spiderman. If I ever visit the NE USA I will make a special effort to visit (will probably try to head over that way since I want to see NY on my next trip to visit my sister)

I'm surprised, even with the few replies so far that with the number of Wonderland supporters out there that Canada's Wonderland \ some of the paramount \ ex paramount designs haven't made it.
Yeah, but WL wasn't that good in the first place. I guess it also comes down to the fact that if you were in the US, there are better parks to be visiting than the Cedar Fair Paramount ones. This has to be a pretty odd thread, I posted it, got one response and thought "Ah, must be a crap topic on my part", all of a sudden I get a bunch of replies months later in a couple of days.

For me, the parks which I need to go to before I die is as follows. - Disneyland / Disney's California Adventure - Six Flags Magic Mountain - Knotts Berry Farm That about does me. I ain't interested in Cedar Point, waste of time I say (too many "EXTREME" rides for my liking, and not enough atmosphere and themeing. I would also like to visit Universal Studio's, Movie Park Germany, Walt Disney World Florida, and Canada's Wonderland, but they aren't on my list of parks to try before I die, they are just on my list of "if I head over that way, I wouldn't mind trying these".