Tower of Terror gwtting to old?

Giant_Drop_rox

I went to dream world a couple of days ago and while i was on the T.O.T when it get half way point on the track you feel the booster slacking it like it gets pulled back then shot back again....and also when it gets to the ramp to go up the pole it rattles and its really loud i think they should replace the boosters and track. Thanks for reading :P

Edited by Giant_Drop_rox

well heck.... why don't we just replace the tower... and the car? I hear you can get the car, tower, boosters, and track in some sort of package deal thing...? might be cheaper than replacing the boosters and track... they'd even be able to fit the new parts without closing the old ride either.... they could put all the parts together before they close! *note the sarcasm - obviously this isn't cost effective enough and im sure dreamworld will run it till it croaks.

It is gwtting a bit old, but I think it is still ok. The rattles and loud noise have been there since day one, and replacing the track wouldn't change anything, it stems from the nature of the track system. As for the launch system, I have heard of what you are talking about, was it sort of accelerating, then cruising at a high speed before speeding up a second time? It was probably a 'one off' type incident and nothing worth replacing the electromagnets for.

The loud noise of the tower of terror is the solid steel wheels against the steel track it has always been noisey and will always be noisey it's just how it is when you run steel against steel. The LSM system due to technical issues has become less reliable recently in particular with the ebrake system but it is being investigated by dreamworlds engineering as to how to prevent ebrake failure but the launch except for the rare missfire has been operating as per normal.