paradise gardens

madave

does anyone remember some old parks in Sydney. I remember one called Paradise Gardens which has large concrete dinosaurs but that is all I remember. Where was this palce and i think it was near another park called Australiana Village- had a like a mini oz village atmosphere with wax dummies in the stores etc- i remember the barber shop cause it had a wax dummy that had been cut by the barbers razor and there was fake blood on it- scared the crap out of me when i was young. Also there was a park south of Wollongong called something World-not bullens. It had a mini harbour bridge and animals- snake pit, camel rides etc- what was the name of this park? What abut bullens ANimal work and The Afican Lion Safari and El Cabello Blanco. It would be great if anyone remembers and even have some family pics, memorbilla etc on any of the parks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
does anyone remember some old parks in Sydney. I remember one called Paradise Gardens which has large concrete dinosaurs but that is all I remember. Where was this palce and i think it was near another park called Australiana Village- had a like a mini oz village atmosphere with wax dummies in the stores etc- i remember the barber shop cause it had a wax dummy that had been cut by the barbers razor and there was fake blood on it- scared the crap out of me when i was young. Also there was a park south of Wollongong called something World-not bullens. It had a mini harbour bridge and animals- snake pit, camel rides etc- what was the name of this park? What abut bullens ANimal work and The Afican Lion Safari and El Cabello Blanco. It would be great if anyone remembers and even have some family pics, memorbilla etc on any of the parks.
I remember when I was about 5 years old going to paradise gardens. There was some boat you went on and you looked at some dinosaurs, I seem to recall a small train that went around the place and some water slides and a 9 hole golf course. One thing I really remember is one of the staff was telling my mother that the place would be closing down soon because they were going to build a golf course. I have since played golf on this course many times, as what was once Paradise Gardens, is now Riverside Oaks Golf Course out at Cattai. Infact if you play the front 9 at Riverside oaks this pretty much the old 9 hole Paradise Gardens course (has had some significant work but it follows the same route) Now that I have been out there as an adult many times it seems like a bit of an odd place for a tourist attraction, as it really was way way way out of town and a little bit in the middle of nowhere. If you have a look at Riverside Oaks on Google earth you will see what I mean. Infact Edited by Wazza1